Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1. Member
    Cant blame a guy for making hay while the sun is shining. Surprised Favorite would be able to afford Martin though.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Agreed, Mark Daniels screwed up on that one moving to Favorite. It's all about the $$$ at that level.
    It is how they make their living

3. Member
    Yikes. From the article, and from Scott himself: "“For me, I want to support the brands that are supporting the next generation and that’s what Favorite is doing,” he said. “You can see how fast our sport is growing because of companies like Favorite that are marketing to that generation.”

Biggest reason I'm not a fan of this company is they sell subpar quality product at an overblown price. Way more negative feedback on their product and costumer service, than there is positive feedback. They grew their business as Scott said...by targeting younger impressionable and inexperienced audiences with their advertising. Just my opinion on the matter, but not a fan of this, I think it's a bad look on Scott...but also proves that Favorite has achieved some deep pockets from their business model...

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 603bass View Post
    Yikes. From the article, and from Scott himself: "“For me, I want to support the brands that are supporting the next generation and that’s what Favorite is doing,” he said. “You can see how fast our sport is growing because of companies like Favorite that are marketing to that generation.”

Biggest reason I'm not a fan of this company is they sell subpar quality product at an overblown price. Way more negative feedback on their product and costumer service, than there is positive feedback. They grew their business as Scott said...by targeting younger impressionable and inexperienced audiences with their advertising. Just my opinion on the matter, but not a fan of this, I think it's a bad look on Scott...but also proves that Favorite has achieved some deep pockets from their business model...
    Kids now a days are gullible. They only want what "looks cool" or is the "it" thing at the time. Fads, you sell them moroons on fads. They fall for anything.

5. Member
    Look of miss information in this thread lol.

Does anyone actually remember who started favorite rods? It was Rob and the Guy MO "Winston"? You also have to remember Rob "Lunkers" has a pretty good nest egg from UMG so I am sure he is good chunk of owner share. Scott got involved because of lunkers past.

I am pretty sure Ron Speed provides the rods and these kids just brought there own reels down from the sounds of it.

Quote Originally Posted by LgMouthGambler View Post
    Kids now a days are gullible. They only want what "looks cool" or is the "it" thing at the time. Fads, you sell them moroons on fads. They fall for anything.
    hasn't this always been the case with kids? They want objects that their "idols" use.......(see Ralphie and his Red Ryder BB Gun).....that is just one of MANY examples
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

Yet the older generation fell for the pet rock fad.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 218_fishing View Post
    Look of miss information in this thread lol.

Does anyone actually remember who started favorite rods? It was Rob and the Guy MO "Winston"? You also have to remember Rob "Lunkers" has a pretty good nest egg from UMG so I am sure he is good chunk of owner share. Scott got involved because of lunkers past.

I am pretty sure Ron Speed provides the rods and these kids just brought there own reels down from the sounds of it.
    I think Favorite was around prior to ever hooking up with the Googans.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    hasn't this always been the case with kids? They want objects that their "idols" use.......(see Ralphie and his Red Ryder BB Gun).....that is just one of MANY examples
    I guess Im different. Never got something particular because of someone else. Did my own research. Been that way since a kid.

10. Member
    I HATE CHINESE SHIT!!!i go out of my way to buy products that are NOT made in china!the chinese are our enemy,yet in a society of greed and disposable garbage,everybody keeps buying it!BUY AMERICAN,OR JAPANESE,OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN CHINESE!..favorite could have just as easily had rods made here!..does it cost more,sure,but..your not helping the commie chinese!..dont be cheap!

NOT ALL WHO WANDER ARE LOST!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hanker71 View Post
    I HATE CHINESE SHIT!!!i go out of my way to buy products that are NOT made in china!the chinese are our enemy,yet in a society of greed and disposable garbage,everybody keeps buying it!BUY AMERICAN,OR JAPANESE,OR ANYTHING OTHER THAN CHINESE!..favorite could have just as easily had rods made here!..does it cost more,sure,but..your not helping the commie chinese!..dont be cheap!
    Where was your device/PC you are posting on made?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I think Favorite was around prior to ever hooking up with the Googans.
    Yup they were, some Chinese crap before they got bought out.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Where was your device/PC you are posting on made?
    Good one Mark

14. Member
    do i have a option for a non-chinese model?does it cost more?..please advise

do i have a option for a non-chinese model?does it cost more?..please advise
    Buy what you want...your money.

16. Member
    i agree with your statement,however,some products we are left with no other option unfortunately.if we could get a american made pc,i would gladly buy one!imo,whenever there is a american made option,i feel it is patriotic to buy that product.unfortunatly this sentiment is dwindling in favor of cheaper products.

17. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Of course it’s about cheap! How many threads on here are about price, short warranties, no in store price matching? Cheap is a subjective term but until we, as a country, find a way to produce our own products at a comparable cost companies will go overseas and make them “cheap”.

I see what Scott was getting at, but if you take the p.o.v. that they’re fleecing kids with cheap products then I see your point.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

i agree with your statement,however,some products we are left with no other option unfortunately.if we could get a american made pc,i would gladly buy one!imo,whenever there is a american made option,i feel it is patriotic to buy that product.unfortunatly this sentiment is dwindling in favor of cheaper products.
    "This sentiment is dwindling" You are making it sound like it just happened. Foreign made products have been selling in the USA for 50 years. The "American Made" lost its luster in the 80's. As far a favorite rods/company. Good for them. They are contributing to society. I probably won't buy their stuff, nor would I hang out the Googans. I always can appreciate someone that works hard. The youtube is not a conventional job. There are youtubers making 10's of millions of dollars a year talking into a camera. Yep, that could make people jealous.

19. Member
    Heck no different than adults. You seen the price on some of the rods / reels / baits out there LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Yet the older generation fell for the pet rock fad.
    Hey now, don't be making fun of rocky. Best pet I ever owned. NO food, crap or sound ever.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast