Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

That Didn't Take Long... Scott Martin to Favorite Rods

2. Member
    Favorite rods are on clearance at the Cabelas near me.

3. Member
    What do these guys do with their hoard of prior sponsor rods & reels? In Scott's case, dump them in the rim canal at Clewiston?

Googans Winning!

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    What do these guys do with their hoard of prior sponsor rods & reels? In Scott's case, dump them in the rim canal at Clewiston?
    If he does, get navi location. Should make for good cover.

Never heard of them. Must be paying BIG!
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

7. Member
    Back in 1979 or 1980 can’t remember exactly. I got to go into Rowland’s tackle garage at his newly purchased Marina. Just a simple building holding all his sponsored baits rods and such. I came home with a case of rattle traps and an orange box heaped over with salt impregnated worms.

Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    Googans Winning!
    IDK about that...AP Bassin doesn't even link to FAvorite in his youtube videos anymore or mention them....his recent video in MExico he was using all Dobyns and a couple other brands but I didn't see any "Favorite" branded rods.....maybe they are dropping youtubers to pickup pros......lots of pros now on with Favorite
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

9. Member
    I never heard of those rods have they been out for a long time or are they new?

10. Member
    They've picked up quite a line of pros now for sure. Suprised to see an old school guy like Andy Morgan with their stuff. MDJ, B Lat both with them too.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunna View Post
    I never heard of those rods have they been out for a long time or are they new?
    Newish. More guys on here know the backstory better than I do.

Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    IDK about that...AP Bassin doesn't even link to FAvorite in his youtube videos anymore or mention them....his recent video in MExico he was using all Dobyns and a couple other brands but I didn't see any "Favorite" branded rods.....maybe they are dropping youtubers to pickup pros......lots of pros now on with Favorite
    I noticed the same thing...must have been some sort of fall out. The owner or at least the face of the brand of Favorite was down there in Mexico with them last year. Not this time though...

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    They've picked up quite a line of pros now for sure. Suprised to see an old school guy like Andy Morgan with their stuff. MDJ, B Lat both with them too.
    Andy Morgan and MDJ really surprised me. BLat hangs with Scott Martin and is a good dude that has a big younger angler following. MDJ has a sponsorship with Kistler and I doubt favorite is better than them, the money must’ve been right
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Never heard of them either but he was taking pics and signing autographs at their tent display at Sam Rayburn this past weekend.....now it makes sense...
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Andy Morgan and MDJ really surprised me. BLat hangs with Scott Martin and is a good dude that has a big younger angler following. MDJ has a sponsorship with Kistler and I doubt favorite is better than them, the money must’ve been right
    Agreed, Mark Daniels screwed up on that one moving to Favorite. It's all about the $$$ at that level.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by b*******51 View Post
    i think those rods are provided by Ron Speed. If you look at their site they provide rods for people coming to fish. All of the Googans were using Dobyns, but if you look close the seasoned vets LFG and LunketsTV covered the name with electrical tape.

Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    Newish. More guys on here know the backstory better than I do.
    Please enlighten the masses.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

18. Member
    I've never used a Favorite rod but have played with a few at some shows. They seems nice, light weight, and decently priced.

19. Banned
    I looked at some at cabelas last year, their rack is really eye catching and they came with a rod sleeve. If I remember correctly they were $200-$250ish, in that ballpark anyways. The ones I handled were really heavy, heavier than I wanted so I didn’t buy one. I drug it on the carpet and it didn’t feel overly impressive. But they are nice looking.

I don’t think any of us guys over 40 would buy them, but I might be wrong.

As far as the Googans, those kids must be doing something right!

I own a few of Luke Clausens Megabass rods I bought off him when he switched last year. I'd assume most do the same, sell them for cash to use on tour.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast