Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GaBass21 View Post
    i think those rods are provided by Ron Speed. If you look at their site they provide rods for people coming to fish. All of the Googans were using Dobyns, but if you look close the seasoned vets LFG and LunketsTV covered the name with electrical tape.
    hmm that makes sense I suppose!
    "Any pizza is a personal pizza if you believe in yourself"

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alpine4x4 View Post
    I own a few of Luke Clausens Megabass rods I bought off him when he switched last year. I'd assume most do the same, sell them for cash to use on tour.
    Yup, they sell them. Some on ebay under undisguised name, others to friends and family. I was in an anglers meeting a while ago and one of the major rod/reel sponsors was part of it. Just before the meeting was over he stood up and told everyone to "stop selling my sh.. on ebay! Anyone that gets caught is f'n fired and I know a lot of guys in this room are doing it!"

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Agreed, Mark Daniels screwed up on that one moving to Favorite. It's all about the $$$ at that level.

I asked Mr. Daniels about that and am awaiting a reply..

I have heard a couple of the pro's like the idea of Favorite carrying a lot of different rod types (I think 18, not sure).

It seems the rod market is flooded with different brands. Seems like about every pro has their own brand now. As I say this he will change but one thing abou kvd is is pretty much the same Quantum for as long as I can remember. Seems like he won his first BASSMASTERS tournament when they had those odd handle red and black rods that Bill Dance used a lot. Selling point was the handle offset to align the reel with your hand better.

Will Scott be using the $49.95 Favorite White Bird

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by music man View Post
    Will Scott be using the $49.95 Favorite White Bird

Thats funny, I just bookmarked that rod to buy it next big TackleWhorehouse™ Sale... A little Coconut oil on that cork and it'll be "Game On"...

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Favo...age-FAVWB.html

8. Member
    It's odd to me, if the Googans were moving the needle with Favorite, why did they have to add pros? The Googans have been telling potential sponsors for the last few years they could sell more product than Elite pros. Kind of odd they add pros.

9. Banned
    Never heard of them... Dan

10. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    It's odd to me, if the Googans were moving the needle with Favorite, why did they have to add pros? The Googans have been telling potential sponsors for the last few years they could sell more product than Elite pros. Kind of odd they add pros.
    I don't buy because the pros or googans push a certain product. I wish anyone and everyone success in what they do but I will go out of my way NOT to buy anything the so-called googans promote. I don't and wont boycott anything but if it says googan approved/endorsed, I will probably pass. JMHO..

Dale Sinclair original

11. Member
    Why aren’t more pros fishing Berkley Lightning Rods? I’ve never broken one off on a hook set.

12. Member
    You'd be surprised how many young kids buy things just because Scott Martin uses them.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DMart1 View Post
    You'd be surprised how many young kids buy things just because Scott Martin uses them.
    Well maybe, but evidently he didn't move the needle for Okuma?

14. Member
    I bought an Okuma flipping rod and reel because Scott Martin whacked a crap ton of hawgs on Okeechobee on his TV show. Chalk me up as a sucker, a patsy.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluke1987 View Post
    Agreed, Mark Daniels screwed up on that one moving to Favorite. It's all about the $$$ at that level.
    Yep. MDJ also screwed up moving to the reality show. Hopefully he can recover.

Scott said it all with this quote:

“For me, I want to support the brands that are supporting the next generation and that’s what Favorite is doing,” he said. “You can see how fast our sport is growing because of companies like Favorite that are marketing to that generation.”

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

16. Member
    Scott Martin is pretty slick. He is snuggleing up to the Googans to draft off of their YouTube followers.

17. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Scott Martin is pretty slick. He is snuggleing up to the Googans to draft off of their YouTube followers.
    For sure..

Dale Sinclair original

Not sure how accurate but heard that Roland is involved with Favorite so Scott also made the change to help out Pops...

havent had any luck with Okuma reels and stopped trying...However, I really like the TCS line of rods and the warranty is unbeatable for that price point.
    Last edited by Jeff Gignac; 01-16-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Since Scott has ownership in Googan baits this move makes a lot of sense.

20. Member
    What is googans?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast