Question How Do You Remove Woodgrain Dash Panel???

I need to do some repairs to the woodgrain dash panel on the console. Looking for some assistance on how it removes. Where are the fasteners located? Does the steering helm need to be removed? Or can the panel slide over it with the steering wheel removed?

Any advice or practical experience would be appreciated.

dh
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    The good news is they come off. The bad news is you have to take every gauge out to get it off. I did it and it was a job!

Quote Originally Posted by GClark519 View Post
    The good news is they come off. The bad news is you have to take every gauge out to get it off. I did it and it was a job!
    I am replacing gauges anyway, so I was not concerned about that. Did you have to remove the steering helm? Where are the fasteners that hold the panel on? Thanks for the reply,

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    We can make that panel look like brand new. let us know if we can help.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darleyhavidson View Post
    I am replacing gauges anyway, so I was not concerned about that. Did you have to remove the steering helm? Where are the fasteners that hold the panel on? Thanks for the reply,
    The fasteners are the large nuts that hold the gauges on. The outside of the gauge behind the panel will screw off allowing removal of the gauge. The panel will come off with the last gauge. I hope I explained this ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Randrat View Post
    The fasteners are the large nuts that hold the gauges on. The outside of the gauge behind the panel will screw off allowing removal of the gauge. The panel will come off with the last gauge. I hope I explained this ok.
    Yep, that makes perfect sense. Did the panel slide over the steering helm?

7. Member
    You shouldn’t have to worry about the helm. On mine the wood panel did not wrap around it. I can’t see it in your picture.

Quote Originally Posted by GClark519 View Post
    You shouldn’t have to worry about the helm. On mine the wood panel did not wrap around it. I can’t see it in your picture.
    Mine wraps around the helm. If you have a 620VS, it must be a newer year model.