Chart Select/other computer programs for Waypoint management HELP!

I'm not for sure if this post should be in this area or not, but here goes. I'm swapping over to Humminbird (currently waiting on 3 Solix 12s to ship) from another electronics brand, and I know i can use a website to change my .gpx waypoints over to the bird format pretty easily, but unfortunately I'm going to have quite a few duplicates as my last boat had units that weren't linked. My question is three fold:

1. Does the Chart select software allow you to import all your waypoints into it, and edit, group, change, move them etc?
    2. If Chart select doesn't allow you to do this, then what is the best software out there for map study before you get on the water, adding waypoints routes, etc?
    3. Is it a better deal to download the Chart select plus a zero lines card or to order the regional lakemaster card?

Any help will be appreciated. I've used the navionics webapp extensively because I couldn't use lake master, but I never downloaded any waypoints over to my units. I also downloaded the Fishsmart app last year just to get Lakemaster mapping on my phone of some certain lakes I had an upcoming tournament on. Thanks for all the help guys.

2. Member
    If you can't organize your waypoints with your software on your original system or the software on whatever you are converting to GPX on. Then download HBPC from the humminbird site then organize them there. Your Solix units handle GPX formats with the exception of the ICONs. However it will be easier to delete duplicates in HBPC then transfer GPX to the Solix's. At this time Solix has proprietary icons and they will all have the icon you select as default in your solix units. Chart select is mapping. The waypoints are in the fish finder's memory. Mapping is a separate item. I am not the local expert but your question has been here for a time and thought I might get you started. Bob
    This is he link to the fishsmart/chart select manual in case you did not have it. https://www.humminbird.com/sites/hum...app_manual.pdf
    Last edited by bobcoy; 01-16-2019 at 07:33 PM. Reason: added link

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    If you can't organize your waypoints with your software on your original system or the software on whatever you are converting to GPX on. Then download HBPC from the humminbird site then organize them there. Your Solix units handle GPX formats with the exception of the ICONs. However it will be easier to delete duplicates in HBPC then transfer GPX to the Solix's. At this time Solix has proprietary icons and they will all have the icon you select as default in your solix units. Chart select is mapping. The waypoints are in the fish finder's memory. Mapping is a separate item. I am not the local expert but your question has been here for a time and thought I might get you started. Bob
    This is he link to the fishsmart/chart select manual in case you did not have it. https://www.humminbird.com/sites/hum...app_manual.pdf
    Thanks a ton for the reply. I'll definitely download the HBPC when I register my units. I guess my main question is can you add waypoints to your units either by SD card or via bluetooth after scrolling around and looking at a map in chartselect? For instance, I'll be on a lake I've never been to this year for the Ray Scott Championship and I was wanting to really go over it on my PC with dual big monitors and mark places of interest with a waypoint, then move those waypoints over to my units before I get to the lake. I would also like to see where my current waypoints are on the lakemaster mapping and be able to edit, delete, move them. Does that make sense? I may not be explaining my self exactly.

4. Member
    You can download it anytime. no need to wait. I am not sure what the new Solix G2 will do with bluetooth or wifi yet. As for PC software there some Humminbird/Lakemaster items but chart select is not. Go on Humminbird.com and look at contour elite or other items like autochart/pro.

5. Member
    I sent you a PM.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

6. Member

Waypoints

I use Contour Elite and it works well but it does cost $150. I use it in conjunction with Google Earth. I have also used Navionics free web viewer in conjunction with Google Earth. You can take screenshots taken from Contour Elite or the Navionics Web app and overlay them onto Google Earth. I prefer Contour Elite however, Navionics will be free. I use a screenshot program so I can define what part of the screen I want to take a save. I zoom in to a level that shows the contour levels I like then I just start making screenshots of the lake. I just save each screenshot as “Lake Name-001”, “Lake Name-002”” and so on. Microsoft has free software that will “stitch” all these files together into one file. It does an excellent job but you have to make sure when taking the screenshots, you get a portion of the previous screenshot with every screenshot you take. The software looks for anything that is the same in each file and pieces it together to form one nice file. You then take that file and overlay it onto Google Earth. You will have to adjust the size and move it around until it lines up with the borders of Google Earth. You can adjust the transparency so you can see the contours but also see the Google Earth images underneath the contours. It’s really easy BUT it is very meticulous getting all the borders lined up. Once you complete everything it will be saved in Google Earth. You can view the lake with the contours visible or un check the contours and view Google Earth regularly. You can screenshot portions of the lake or the whole lake. Now you can save waypoints or create tracks in Google Earth and convert them to whatever format you need then load that file to your unit.
    Have a Blessed Day,
    Mike

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/