Anyone coyote hunting

Been trying to get out but time and rain are hampering my efforts. Just looking for some stories to keep my interest up till I can go.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

I only have stories about seeing deer and possum. In a dry spell.

3. Member
    I called 2 in Sunday night from 2 separate direction. They came into a Fox pro rodent distress. Never gotcloser then 250 yds they didn't want to cross open field. My buddy shot once and 2 more times at one running away and sucked all 3 times. I was unable to shoot the direction I was setup.

Lot of people hunting them around here. I switched to mouth calls a while back but I think I'll be getting the Foxpro out the next time around. I struggle to dial in a volume, I'm afraid I'm too loud or not loud enough.
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

5. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Lot of people hunting them around here. I switched to mouth calls a while back but I think I'll be getting the Foxpro out the next time around. I struggle to dial in a volume, I'm afraid I'm too loud or not loud enough.

Stick with the mouth calls. They flat out work better in my opinion. No hunts this year but my cams are showing lots of activity here in Oklahoma the last couple of weeks.

I too have better luck with hand calls. I can count on one hand the number of coyote I've killed with electronic call. Fox is a different game, all fox have been e-called. Bobcat come to either for me, but can't shoot them in Indiana. Hand calls run a bunch of different brands. Carver Rubber Rabbits, Knight & Hale, Primos, Haydels, verminator and some homemade stuff.

I always wanted to try but it's so thick around here. How do y'all hunt em where the open areas are maybe 30 yards by 100 yards?

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

We get our share hog hunting at night.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

9. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatlildave View Post
    I always wanted to try but it's so thick around here. How do y'all hunt em where the open areas are maybe 30 yards by 100 yards?
    rarely hunt solo, it’s a good team event. But when I do, I have my 11-87 loaded with no 4 buck and my 223... close quarters that buck shot is magic. Have killed to 75 yards with it. After that, penetration levels start to fall drastically. If it won’t go through a 55 gal plastic drum it’s too far....

I’ve got a buddy that seems to get one or two every turkey season. Turkey calls and decoys may be the ticket (not sure how legal it is)
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898