Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Once the seas l get mashed down it will probably be more level .The padding is worth every penny.

2. Banned
    Maybe it's just me... I've owned 2 boats with padded decks and recently purchased a Bullet without. I haven't noticed any difference, either going to or from the padded decks. Now I fish with either gym shoes or sandals all the time, footwear is nothing special, New Balance or Red Head's from BPS...

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    Maybe it's just me... I've owned 2 boats with padded decks and recently purchased a Bullet without. I haven't noticed any difference, either going to or from the padded decks. Now I fish with either gym shoes or sandals all the time, footwear is nothing special, New Balance or Red Head's from BPS...
    I hear ya Dan. I think with the newer boats and 24oz carpet, it close to the padded

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Get on your knees

5. Member
    Oh no you didn't

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Get on your knees
    Why???... Am I missing out on a new technique???... I'm either sitting at the wheel, standing on the front deck or sitting and re-tying or switching baits... Kneeling is for church... Dan

7. Member
    Praise the Lord! Matt spends a lot of time on his knees! Shooting docks i mean!��

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Tammy said she can tell a difference

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Tammy said she can tell a difference
    ... Dan

They will come open if your running fast and hit a big boat wake before getting slowed down. I had rods strapped down with the bungie style and they hook on the locker door. Hit a big wake that I didn't see and when the boat came down the lids went up. That created slack in the bungie and the 3 rods that were there went over board. I always twist them locked now if I'm making a run.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    They will come open if your running fast and hit a big boat wake before getting slowed down. I had rods strapped down with the bungie style and they hook on the locker door. Hit a big wake that I didn't see and when the boat came down the lids went up. That created slack in the bungie and the 3 rods that were there went over board. I always twist them locked now if I'm making a run.
    Champion never had latches on their lids, only locks. I've had three different Champion boats and never had a lid try to open. Charger 198 and 210 owners can attest to the same.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tdt91 View Post
    It didn’t come from the factory like that, did it? The bungee is what pulled the lid up. Every rod strap I’ve seen hooked to the deck, not the locker lids.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    Champion never had latches on their lids, only locks. I've had three different Champion boats and never had a lid try to open. Charger 198 and 210 owners can attest to the same.
    I had three Champions and never had an issue with lids coming open either when running. Really liked the no latch design much better than the Perko's in my current rig.
    2019 Ranger Z520C DC / 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

14. Member
    i have had them lift but not open on my old 181 when running toledo bend real hard. i always lock the doors one my 187 when i know i will be running big water so i don't know if it would happen on it. the no locks and lids popping up was one of the first things that came to mind when i saw the charger elites. maybe it only is a risk when the carpet starts to get old and matted.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

15. Banned
    My 210 was 5 years old when I sold it and the lids were just as tight as the day I bought it... Dan

16. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Never in 25 years have I had a lid come open and we run one of nastiest/rough lakes in America

17. Member
    Well, I have had it happen often enough to where I always lock the lids when Toledo is rolling. The lids were never that tight on the 181.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

18. Banned
    I wonder if some of y’all have the gas struts on backwards.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I wonder if some of y’all have the gas struts on backwards.
    ... I was gonna post that... Dan

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Champ View Post
    the 198 that was at one of the boat shows has the rod straps on the lids. First thing I thought was that is strange.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=957132

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast