Derek McCullough

Hotel recommendations to fish Stick marsh

Normally we stay at Camp Mack or Grape Hammock and split up our trip between Kissimmee and Stick Marsh but just looking to stay over towards Stick Marsh and Garcia this year. Anyone stay in the hotels in Palm Bay or Sebastian?

2. Member
    Always stayed at the holiday inn express at the vero beach exit(hwy 60). Cracker Barrell next door and never had any issues and not to far to stick marsh.

3. Member
    Gas cia is getting sketchy to fish. It’s really low. Run the risk of sucking up a bunch of junk. I’m not going back till it catches some water. Think a tin boat would be able to move around no problem.

4. Derek McCullough
    Quote Originally Posted by Fistacuffs View Post
    Gas cia is getting sketchy to fish. It’s really low. Run the risk of sucking up a bunch of junk. I’m not going back till it catches some water. Think a tin boat would be able to move around no problem.
    How's the water at Stick Marsh?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    How's the water at Stick Marsh?
    It’s ok. A bit low but still fishable. Not fishing as well as years past... I fished it today and had 10 fish. If we get a few good days, it will turn on. The beautiful grass fields of years past are long gone. However, the eelgrass is still there and thriving and holding fish.