Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Faucets......what brand

I will be starting a bathroom remodel soon. What brand(s) faucets does everyone recommend? Double vanity and Shower. Is there a difference between the ones at a HD or Lowes and other places? If I am ripping everything out I would like to replace them with something that may last. Any other words of wisdom?

I have Moen and Delta

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by WVBullet View Post
    I have Moen and Delta
    Have had great service out of both of these

4. Member
    I've always chosen Delta faucets.
    2016 Ranger Z518 - 150 HP Mercury 4-Stroke

5. Member
    Delta X 4

1. Delta
    2. Moen
    Spend a little more upfront and get one of their higher quality offerings. It will pay for itself over many years of use.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

7. Member
    I worked at HD. I helped in the plumbing department daily. Whatever you choose if you buy big box make sure you have access to replacement parts. Seen too many guys come in with faucets and they could not get parts on the weekends when the plumbing supply houses were shut.

8. Member
    Had a loss other day with 2 yr old Moen faucet that burst. Get Kohler.

9. Member
    Delta.

10. Member
    gonna go out of the box here as a plumber and say wolverine brass.

11. Member
    Delta but not from big box stores but from plumbing supply store they are better quality and price not that much different

12. Member
    Delta

13. Member
    What ever you buy, save the box and all paperwork. You will always have the part numbers for repair at a later date. You would be surprised how quickly they discontinue parts and will have to cross reference to other parts that will work

What ever you buy, research all and try to buy the one that has no rubber washer as cut off mechanism. And if you are demo-ing have your plumber install ball valves under the sinks. I even have them under the toilets. They never need service and cut off water to the appliance completely.

15. Member
    When I bought my house, some 30 years ago, the contractor put in all Moen faucets. Some 20 years later we had problem with a couple of them. I contacted Moen, and they replaced the cartridges at no cost to me.

16. Member
    I think we used Moen. Ordered off internet. They were the higher end faucets. Ditto on QUALITY shutoff s at every faucet.

I use Delta. Had a Moen and it was fine. Whichever brand you choose ask to see the replacement parts before you buy. I buy a pack right then and stash it away for when it begins to drip. And it will. Makes it easier. I have one Delta in the bathroom sink that is 15 YO and still no leaks. (Knock on wood)

18. Member
    As a licensed plumber I would recommend delta or moen, delta first due to availability of rebuild parts if needed.

19. Member
    We have Delta throughout our house. The only faucet that has caused us any problems is in the kitchen sink, and it was a cheaper model. I have already replace one under warranty, and need to replace another. All the Bath and shower fixtures have been great.

Quote Originally Posted by mattmann7 View Post
    I worked at HD. I helped in the plumbing department daily. Whatever you choose if you buy big box make sure you have access to replacement parts. Seen too many guys come in with faucets and they could not get parts on the weekends when the plumbing supply houses were shut.
    That's excellent advice. I always check the models we pick out against the Delta or Moen catalog to see if the model numbers and specs match, and thus replacement cartridges and parts will be available. HD and Lowe's does carry some "special builds" that are only special because they're a cheaper version (think higher profit margin for store) than the actual model they mimic. You should especially cross reference models that are Home Depot or Lowe's "Exclusives" or say "Only sold at HD or Lowe's".
    I've found that my local plumbing supply houses are comparable in price for the higher end faucets, and thy have parts for them when needed.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast