Garmin Ultra High-Definition Scanning Sonar System

Hey everyone,
    I just mounted a new 93SV and GT 52 Tranducer with a Ultra High-Definition Scanning Sonar System

GCV™ 20 Scanning Sonar Black Box with GT34UHD-TM Transducer

My question is this; while in CV mode the transducer reads in Auto setting Chirp and GT 52 but while in SV the transducer reads in GCV 20 which is the UHDS transducer GT34, why does it not use the GCV 20 in CV mode? Or what did I not do right in the settings? I thought it was going to be UHD in both modes?????

Thanks

John D
    Johnnyboydan
    Triton 185 Merc 150

2. Member
    It's whatever you pick. Pull up ClearVu, then press Menu and explore the options. One will be Source.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    Winchester2 I got home from work and turned it on and was dumbfounded. I had never seen that source button even though I thought I checked and tried everything. Problem solved Thank you !
    Johnnyboydan
    Triton 185 Merc 150

4. Member
    Does the hd inhance the maps or just the sonar. I have Echomap. 7cv plus just wondering if it’s worth 600.$

5. Member
    Will the GCV 20 Scanning Sonar Box work with other transducers other than the GT34UHD?

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbuck3613 View Post
    Will the GCV 20 Scanning Sonar Box work with other transducers other than the GT34UHD?
    To my knowledge no.....there is only 1 High Def transducer and it goes with the box.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by monsterbuck3613 View Post
    To my knowledge no.....there is only 1 High Def transducer and it goes with the box.

8. Member
    HD only works with SV and CV sonar. I can't say if it is worth I just got it and only on the lake once.
    Johnnyboydan
    Triton 185 Merc 150

9. Member
    I have the UHD and GCV20 that was installed in the fall. I was only able to get out a few times and unfortunately all of my time was spent playing with Livescope! Once it warms up I will be able to get out and play with everything.

10. Member
    I’m interested to know how you like the UHD with the 93sv. I also have a 93sv, but hesitate to go with UHD because of the low screen resolution of the 93sv (400x800). When you jump up to GPSMAP with a 9” screen, you get 1024x600 resolution. Of course with higher screen resolution comes higher cost. I’m not made of money, so when I added Livescope, I had to upgrade to Plus units and the price was right for buying two 93’s.

11. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I took a few screen shots with my 93sv/UHD setup in the link below....of course it will be better with higher screen resolution.....for me it worked good in deeper water but when i go to shallow water i found that it didnt work to good and shallow i'm talking 10' deep.......

I'm thinking of trying the GT30 ducer......

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=931747