Thread: Pros and Cons

Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar

Question Pros and Cons

Looking at a Ascend FS128T, give me the good and bad. Thanks
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

I've owned mine since 2013. Biggest "good," is that it's a great fishing platform at a very reasonable price. Plus it's light enough to be able to fairly well handle it solo, loading it on and off a truck bed. Biggest "bad," it tracks like aircraft carrier...in short, it's slow and turns terribly. That being said, I've loved mine, I just had to recognize its shortcomings compared to other models. I got mine on sale at BassPro and had the military discount as well. It's pretty easy to modify depending on what you want to do. The swivel chair is okay, not the most comfortable one out there, but serves it purpose. I'm 6'2" and 230 lbs and can stand in mine while fishing.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

It's stable, but that's about all I can say about it as well. It's not made for speed or maneuverability...and its on the heavy side for loading and unloading. However it would be a great starter kayak to get you on the water.

4. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Thanks guys, am new to the yak world but I'm thinking of giving it a whirl and want to get in cheap in case I'm too old(or lazy) for it.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.