Guntersville In March

How does Guntersville fish in March Coming down at the end of March for the big fish tournament coming alway from Canada and it will be my first time that far south. Don’t need to know spots will the fish be offshore at all? Or mainly shallow kinda wanna know what to bring and what not to bring!

2. Member
    They should be either staging for spawn or working their way shallow to spawn depending on the moon and he water temp. Should be milfoil up by then. Guntersville can be overwhelming because it is so dang big. I would start in Goosepond and North Sauty, tons of creeks, drops, flats and shallow water within a mile from the boat ramp. If the weather is good then shallow with lipless crank baits in shallow water and drops and flats with swim baits, lizards, Alabama rigs. The Alabama rig was obviously made famous on that lake around bridges and rip rap. There are about a million places to try whatever you want but I have always done well in shallow water that time of year and deeper drops and creeks in the summertime. Good luck and be careful as its a very busy waterway and most people have no idea how to drive.

3. Member
    I would have 3 or 4 varieties of traps tied on put the trolling motor down and go to fishing.

4. Member
    Trap and ive done well at times with an X-rap and just a sweeping pull and pause.

5. Member
    Trap, square bill, chatterbait, a-rig, jerkbait...possibly lizards, creature baits as well. Check out www.BassinBigG.com to see location of tournaments if you want to avoid launching at one of those places. Also, if you are going to be fishing for several days consider signing up for the BassCashBash (www.BassCashBash.com) so you don't become 'that guy' that catches a $1000 tagged fish, or a boat, or truck tag and wasn't signed up.

6. Banned
    Be ready for a crowded lake

7. Member
    What colour of swimbaits for the A-rig would i need? C-rig lizard or Texas rigged lizard? Bringing football jigs as well to give a try as well and i did sign up the the big bass bash as well.