Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

HDS GEN 2 QUESTION

I have (2) HDS GEN 2s that lost time when everybody else did. Just before the fix came out, I bought a point 1 set up and installed it, time is back.
    My question is, do I still do the updates, or leave it alone. I'm scared of all the stuff that can go wrong during an update and I've never done it before.
    Thanks

2. Member
    if you disconnect the pt one you will most likely have a time issue. The pt1 has corrected this for some. No one on here has had any issues with the GPS Legacy update. But if your scared then don't do it.

3. Member
    I would do it.

As BH said, without the P1 time will be incorrect, and one day you will sell that unit, or you might simply loose power to your NMEA-network while fishing one day. Get the HDS in order, and you have redundancy and peace of mind.

4. Member
    Have tried for days to download the time patch for the GEN 2 units and It always fails. I get timed out and lose connection. I can download all the other updates. Any suggestions?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jthomp47 View Post
    Have tried for days to download the time patch for the GEN 2 units and It always fails. I get timed out and lose connection. I can download all the other updates. Any suggestions?
    Odd....If for some reason you are not able to resolve the download issue, shoot me a PM with your address and I'll send you a SD card with the patch. I would need to know if the Gen2 units are touch or non-touch. Also, my experience was that the patch contains the most recent update (6.0-54.2.46 for touch, 4.0-45.2.200 for non-touch)

6. Member
    Thanks for the information. I'll go ahead and do the update, if I have problems I'll be back to ask more questions.
    Thanks again.

7. Member
    I'm having the same problem. The legacy patch on the Lowrance website just gives me a screen full of garbled words. The other updates ask you if you want to open or save. I guess it's a Lowrance website issue?
    2013 Phoenix 721 XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and HDS 9 gen 3
    Twin 10' Talons

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Va Phoenix View Post
    I'm having the same problem. The legacy patch on the Lowrance website just gives me a screen full of garbled words. The other updates ask you if you want to open or save. I guess it's a Lowrance website issue?
    I just downloaded both Gen 2 update without issue 10 min after your post used MS Edge

9. Member
    I just downloaded both updates again to test, and no problem using IE 11. I used the following links:

Touch - https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...ex.html?r=1757

Non-Touch - https://downloads.lowrance.com/softw...ex.html?r=1756

10. Member
    I just tried it again on three different computers and tried all three browsers Edge,Chrome, Firefox and it still won't download the GEN 2 patches. I used your links above. After I hit the download button It just goes to screen that says this site can't be reached it took too long to respond. Very strange. Dave is going to send me a SD card with the patch. Maybe I am missing some add on or extension to my browser like an ftp extension. I can download any of the other software update just not the Gen 2 patches.

11. Member
    I have both Gen 2 and Gen 2 Touch patches in my Google Disk, you can download from here:
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...ka?usp=sharing

Remember that these are not zipped - they go straight on your memorycard.

12. Member
    I'm still having the same issue. I can download the gen 2 software update but cannot get the legacy patch to open. The same problem as jthomp47.
    2013 Phoenix 721 XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Twin 10' Talons

13. Member
    I'm still having the same issue. I can download the gen 2 software update but cannot get the legacy patch to open. The same problem as jthomp47.
    try different site, like google chrome.
    Jason Gilstrap / Lowrance Pro Staff

14. Member
    Open?
    Make sure you download, do not choose the option "download and open" or "open" if those alternatives pops up. You only want to download, nothing else.

15. Member
    okay Thanks.

16. Member
    Used Colibri's google download and got my Gen 2s updated.

17. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I had to use Google Chrome to do mine couldn't do it on the others if that helps
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

18. Member
    I installed google chrome and it worked. Thanks!
    2013 Phoenix 721 XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Twin 10' Talons

19. Member
    Before I used google chrome, I got what looked like the code for the download. There is actually a pop up screen that should come up asking for your name, etc, but I never saw it until I used google chrome then everything downloaded as it should. And I think there is card size restrictions too for certain units that will not allow it to download properly. I think it is a max size. but I cant remember what that number is.

20. Member
    I downloaded the non touch on my sd card when I load it in the graph it pops up and says damaged software. Any suggestions. These are gen 2 non touch.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast