Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Has anyone had success with this update? I was about to install it but a Lowrance rep at a fishing expo yesterday told me he was being told that it didn't work.

2. Member
    So far it seems that the patch has worked very well, as long as it is done right that is.

3. Banned
    I just did this myself on my HDS10, Gen2, non-touch units.
    There was a bit of wailing and gnashing of teeth, but I got through it successfully.
    The patch/update from Lowrance messed me up for a while, as it downloaded un-zipped.

4. Member
    I sorry I'm so late to the party, but I hope someone can still help me. There are two patches on the Lowrance website for my HDS8 Gen2 non-touch. The first one was from 2015/16 and it worked like it should. The second one looks like it is from April but it downloads as "unknown.dms". The HDS8 just ignores it. even when I find the file on the card in the HDS8 it gives options for copy, remove, etc. but nothing to start the update. Any suggestions?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankinStein View Post
    I sorry I'm so late to the party, but I hope someone can still help me. There are two patches on the Lowrance website for my HDS8 Gen2 non-touch. The first one was from 2015/16 and it worked like it should. The second one looks like it is from April but it downloads as "unknown.dms". The HDS8 just ignores it. even when I find the file on the card in the HDS8 it gives options for copy, remove, etc. but nothing to start the update. Any suggestions?
    Are you having problems with the unit?

6. Member
    This is the problem with the time not displaying anymore. But I think I figured it out. The Lowrance update file will not download properly using safari but did download properly using Chrome. The update seemed to work using Chrome. Guess I will be sure next time I pull it to the lake. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12