Idaho guys, or others in the know...

Looks like Ill be in the Coeur d'alene, Hayden lake area come this spring for a couple weeks and was wondering if someone would give me some insight on what those lakes are like to fish... I think you've got smallies there, that would be a treat... Is one lake more proficient than the other at that time ? Any and all info, or stories are greatly appreciated... thanks all :)

Talk to Blake at Becker's tackle in CDA, Coeur D'Alene is a lot bigger and diverse than Hayden Lake. You can catch giant LM and SM in CDA, and that time of year should be good.

I second talking to Blake, hes a great genuine dude with great knowledge of CDA and a sweet tackle shop. CDA has some absolute monsters in it of both largemouth and smallmouth. Theres also Long Lake in Spokane right by there that is another phenomenal fishery.
    06 Skeeter 20i Yamaha 250 HPDI
    Visit my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW6p06navSpOqUn3xotG2vA

As well as Hayden Lake, and Pend Oreille

5. Member
    To OP, you bringing a boat, kayak, shore fish, get a guide? Will make a difference for which body of water to recommend. Tons of good bass water around that area. My favorite area to go, north eastern Wa and ID panhandle.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

6. Member
    Jwolff, I will be bringing the boat with me, hope to fish a little in washington and the CDA area... thanks all for the input. Mychael

Pretty diverse fisheries in the area, you could be drop shooting for smallmouth in 40' over giant boulders , punching matted vegetation for largemouth, maybe fishing the weed edges for pike or trolling open water for cold water species all in the same day on the same lake. Pretty neat

8. Banned
    Ive fished both in the past and struggled. Then again i was there in august and was hot as hell. Water temp at dworshak was 82. Lol.

I spent 3 days on CDA and the main lake was choppy from the boat traffic so i went into the chain lakes. I hit blue and anderson lake and had a blow up in a frog in blue. Only action in those three days i was there. Id like to figure it out though.

Jus curious, does anyone fish those docks on the right side going into the chains right before anderson? Looks like good flippin but i didnt stop