Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tee Martin headed to the Vols

Looks like a good catch for Pruitt.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...coaching-staff

indeed it is . Vol Nation should be happy.

3. Member
    Welcome back, Tee.

4. Member
    Will help with recruiting for sure.

Very cool news. Welcome home Tee
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

6. Member
    Great to finally have him back home! Big recruiting upgrade

7. Member
    Good to see a VFL come home. At least the administration, along with Fulmer's guidance, has decided to make sports a priority again. They have made major moves over the last year to make the football team relevant again. Hope the effort translates to consistent winning on the field. We've been down long enough.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by robertboyd View Post
    Good to see a VFL come home. At least the administration, along with Fulmer's guidance, has decided to make sports a priority again. They have made major moves over the last year to make the football team relevant again. Hope the effort translates to consistent winning on the field. We've been down long enough.
    As a Husker fan, i can feel your pain!!

9. Member
    Doesn’t sound like we are done yet........hats off to coach Fulmer.

10. Banned
    I thought Coach Pruitt was the head coach... Not good when others have their fingers in the pie... Dan

Word was he and Sarkisian talked about a job at Alabama and also about Pruitt, before he took the job...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Orange Basser View Post
    Doesn’t sound like we are done yet........hats off to coach Fulmer.
    Pruitt had to get approval to make Chaney one of the top OC’s in the country. I am also certain Fulmer had a hand in Tee’s opportunity to discuss this with Pruitt. Ultimately, it’s Pruitt’s decision.

AS you are aware, Pruitt has never been a head coach so obviously he leans on his superior in certain situations. In this case, I would lean into Fulmer big time. Like him or not, the guy loves UT and is/was an elite recruiter / HC.

I understand he (Tee) did talk with other teams before making this decision. Ultimately he chose UT and he sites Fulmer as a major reason in making this decision.

In the last year, Fulmer has hired Alabama’s DC / Georgia’s OC ( both rivals) and has the basketball team ranked in the top three in the country.

Hat’s off to coach Fulmer!

Pruitt had to get approval to make Chaney one of the top OC’s in the country. I am also certain Fulmer had a hand in Tee’s opportunity to discuss this with Pruitt. Ultimately, it’s Pruitt’s decision.

AS you are aware, Pruitt has never been a head coach so obviously he leans on his superior in certain situations. In this case, I would lean into Fulmer big time. Like him or not, the guy loves UT and is/was an elite recruiter / HC.

I understand he (Tee) did talk with other teams before making this decision. Ultimately he chose UT and he sites Fulmer as a major reason in making this decision.

In the last year, Fulmer has hired Alabama’s DC / Georgia’s OC ( both rivals) and has the basketball team ranked in the top three in the country.

Hat’s off to coach Fulmer!
    BFP ain't got nothing to do with the basketball team.. he's a figure head for the powers that be...Pretty sure he didn't hire Rick Barnes either... How does he get credit for Barnes work on the hardcourt?? Not sure if give him credit for hiring Jeremy Pruitts offensive coordinator...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    BFP ain't got nothing to do with the basketball team.. he's a figure head for the powers that be...Pretty sure he didn't hire Rick Barnes either... How does he get credit for Barnes work on the hardcourt?? Not sure if give him credit for hiring Jeremy Pruitts offensive coordinator...
    I see little jerry lawler is running his mouth again about his favorite turd mascot, the Big Fat Pachyderm, which has nothing to do with Volunteer athletics at all.

Bill

15. Member

16. Member
    For anyone who thinks they stole Chaneys’ morbidly obese offense from uga is misinformed. There would have been a line a mile long helping him pack. He was demoted last year as it was this was as much a firing as it was anything.

17. Member
    I’ll take 38 points a game and a 5 yard/play average.

I know we are not going to do that yet but the timeframe with us becoming relevent is short. With this staff now, and maybe one more coming, recruiting is not an issue. The very fact that UT stepped up with $ and GA countered with less, indicates to me that UT is finally starting to get serious.

"If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

19. Member
    I’ll take 38 points a game and a 5 yard/play average.

I know we are not going to do that yet but the timeframe with us becoming relevent is short. With this staff now, and maybe one more coming, recruiting is not an issue. The very fact that UT stepped up with $ and GA countered with less, indicates to me that UT is finally starting to get serious.

You think uga countered with less cause they couldn’t hang with UT financially!! Lol.
    They countered with less because they didn’t want him!

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by August west View Post
    You think uga countered with less cause they couldn’t hang with UT financially!! Lol.
    They countered with less because they didn’t want him!
    Read what you just said....”countered with less because they didn’t want him”

Why did he counter then?
    Last edited by Big Orange Basser; 01-16-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast