Thread: Ranger 84 370??

BBC SPONSOR

Ranger 84 370??

I'm looking at an 84 Ranger 370 with a 150 merc black max. Anyone have any input on this model and motor? It is in pristine condition.
    Thanks.

A very good boat. The boat will have a wood transom in it. Please check the transom for any soft spots. A member in my bass club has a 1984 BASSMASTER classic. The boat is in perfect condition and has had no problem with it.

Cliff Bradford
    2014 Ranger Z520C Mercury 250ProXS

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by basstx View Post
    A very good boat. The boat will have a wood transom in it. Please check the transom for any soft spots. A member in my bass club has a 1984 BASSMASTER classic. The boat is in perfect condition and has had no problem with it.
    I knew it had wood in it. I'll definitely check the transom. It looks amazing in the pictures. How about that year of merc? Any major issues? I was thinking those was the years of thirsty, but reliable. I'm ok with the fuel consumption. Just want reliability.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I knew it had wood in it. I'll definitely check the transom. It looks amazing in the pictures. How about that year of merc? Any major issues? I was thinking those was the years of thirsty, but reliable. I'm ok with the fuel consumption. Just want reliability.
    I would pay good money for a boat with a Black Max just to be able to fire it up in the mornings. That thing was bad ass sounding and once the smoke cleared, look out!
    2006 Ranger Z20 / 225HP Merc Pro XS

5. Member
    If it’s been taking care of and stored inside (which it sounds like it has) it
    would make a really nice boat. That engine should be bulletproof taken
    care of. Good luck.
    Last edited by rangered; 01-15-2019 at 05:31 PM.

6. Member
    With good fuel and oil and keeping it cool,it will run forever. At idle,they sound like they have a cam.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I'm looking at an 84 Ranger 370 with a 150 merc black max. Anyone have any input on this model and motor? It is in pristine condition.
    Thanks.
    I had a 88 371 with a 175 black max on it, loved that boat. Those old mercs sounded mean!

8. BBC SPONSOR
    You guys are great. Thank you for your input.