Thread: Twin Peaks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Ate once at one in Wisconsin, scenery was nice but food was disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    They tried to open up a restaurant here called tallywhackers. And no that’s not a joke. Didn’t last long.
    Not enough men “measure up”for the job?
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel14 View Post
    Have you been to Vegas? Ohh la la. Twin Peaks has great scenery. And the Tilted Kilt does too. It's on the Strip.
    No, but I've always wanted to swim with the dolphins in front of the Venetian.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney P View Post
    So I will chime in on this one. I do not care for the place locally to us because of some first hand knowledge and experience. My wife I went with our son who is 8. They have a deer meat chili chip dip and he was wanting to try deer.

We had a great experience the waitress we had really made over our son and we went back several times and kind of got to know her. Last time we went she was a bit upset and told us they are pushing her to be more "fit". She was about 5'6" 115-120 lbs and had a kid that was about 3 years old. She could not be any more fit than she was. Honestly she was really the only one there the was what I would call hot. Well we went back and she was gone the wait staff acted like they are treated like slaves. It was bad enough my son did not want to go back.

We since ran into her again and she was let go because she did not fit their fit image (Her boobs were too small) is what she said. I know there is another side to the story, but I witnessed enough to know the one here has a management problem and we have not been back.
    So, you're telling us you took your 8 year old son to Twin Peaks so he could try deer? Now, that is funny.
    Last edited by C130; 01-15-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunkist View Post
    Better than The Tilted Kilt?
    Kilt has the worse food of any restaurant I have been too - didn't know they still had any open

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    Kilt has the worse food of any restaurant I have been too - didn't know they still had any open
    The one here ..tilted kilt. Food is bar food but was pretty good.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by C130 View Post
    So, you're telling us you took your 8 year old son to Twin Peaks so he could try deer? Now, that is funny.
    Yep that was why we went. I did happen to mention to him this new place has deer meat so he would beg to go

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    Take it from me Twin Peaks Here in the Atlanta Market 2 locations were our customers. Twin Peaks is the old partner of Hooters and Twin Peaks people Managers,Servers,ETC are some of the Most unscrupulous People in the restaurant Business. Those little teenie uniforms are so revealing they are not allowed to wear them to or from their shift. Everybody is sleeping with everybody and there is so much private interaction between good customers and servers.. alot of action on the side and both locations have private rooms..
    I'm gonna just go ahead and call shenanigans on at least half of this post. Twin Peaks was NEVER partnered with Hooters. Now, the former CEO of Hooters did, in fact, become a franchisee, but the two companies were never partners.

"Everybody is sleeping with everybody"...you wish. So do a lot of the male (and female, for that matter) staff members. But dating among restaurant staff is not unheard of. In fact, it's actually quite common. But then to go on and suggest Twin Peaks is encouraging and tolerating prostitution...
    __________________________________________________ _______________
    "If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
    -David Daye

9. Member
    the tilted Kilts down here are really good, scenery and food. I prefer it over twin peaks for sure.

For those of you in the DFW area know this...

For food / beers / scenery go to Twin Peaks
    To feel better about yourself go to Redneck Heaven
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    Take it from me Twin Peaks Here in the Atlanta Market 2 locations were our customers. Twin Peaks is the old partner of Hooters and Twin Peaks people Managers,Servers,ETC are some of the Most unscrupulous People in the restaurant Business. Those little teenie uniforms are so revealing they are not allowed to wear them to or from their shift. Everybody is sleeping with everybody and there is so much private interaction between good customers and servers.. alot of action on the side and both locations have private rooms..

Partially correct... I used to work at Hooters Corporate in Atlanta for several years. The former Hooters CEO, now Owner/CEO of Twin Peaks, is the son of the late Hooters founder Bob Brooks. We Bob died suddenly and unexpectedly while in the middle of a divorce, his wife that he was divorcing was then chairmen of the hooters board. She was pissed and fired Colby and most of the Hooters higher ups, then cut the company up and sold it to the highest bidder, IE: the Airline, Credit Card, Nascar Team, Restaurants, Etc. Colby was pissed so he started the south east franchise of Twin Peaks and started building them as close as possible to Atlanta Area Hooters. Lots of Hooters Corp staff also jumped ship and now work for Twin Peaks, which Colby wound up buying out a few years and and is now headquartered in Atlanta as well. As far as private rooms, there is a closet of a managers office and a closet of a changing room for the wait staff, hanky panky would be difficult, especially with all the cameras in the place. Not saying some of the wait staff don't have something going with some of the dirty old men that hang at the bar. I've seen guys leave 4 and 5 figure tips while at Hooters... Worth mentioning: About 50% of Hooters and Twin Peaks restaurants are franchises, meaning they pay royalties to corporate and get marketing and stuff in return, they are pretty much free to operate how they please, as long as they pay their royalties and don't piss off corporate.

12. Member
    "guys leave 4 and 5 figure tips while at Hooters"................so you've seen $10,000 tips???? They must be getting more than a burger and a beer for that price!

So I take it TP is not looking to tap into the new Gillette crowd?

Thanks for the insight into what happened. Very interesting stuff.

Makes me want to visit twin Peaks more often. Because of the way the Hooters company treated the employees when the owner died.
    Hanky panky goes on everywhere. When I worked at Bass pro...I heard so many stories about employees sacking up and it happened at the store too. Also heard about customers doing dirty deeds in the changing rooms. It's more frequent than you would think.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    "guys leave 4 and 5 figure tips while at Hooters"................so you've seen $10,000 tips???? They must be getting more than a burger and a beer for that price!
    I was an IT manager and literally had to make an adjustment to our point of sale system one night because a guest split a $10k tip between two waitresses...

16. Member
    Sounds like a halfway house to me. Halfway to being restaurant, halfway to a titty bar. Don’t settle for half . Go to a nice steak house/bbq joint ,then the gentleman’s club.

17. Member
    Why does any man think this is acceptable?
    It sure sounds demeaning and very trashy.

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    Why does any man think this is acceptable?
    It sure sounds demeaning and very trashy.
    They're just exercising their right to dress and serve as they wish... Who are you to tell them how to dress???... Dan

For every woman that's part of the "me too" movement there are a hundred more willing to show off their "ass-ets". Takes all types I guess but surprised these types of restaurants are still allowed to be in business in todays politically correct world. I sure wouldn't want my daughter working at one of these places though with the nasty old men drooling all over themselves. I'm not against them, I'm just not one to go there. Pretty demeaning to the women though but there's plenty of waitress jobs around so they choose to work there and it's their business.

20. Banned
    How is it demeaning when they choose to work there. Maybe they like the way they look and want men drooling over them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast