Lake Anna: Trip booked!

So rented a house on Lake Anna. Is the lake privarte. Very excited to go April 13th. I'll take any tips and tricks anyone wants to offer.

Thanks

2. Member
    Are you going hot or cold side?
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

3. Member
    Whataver the public side is on. Would love if a BBC member who had access to private side could help us get access to private side.

4. Member
    Hot > private side
    Cold > public side

5. Member
    Is one better than the other? How can I get access to private side?

6. Member
    I never fished the glow side I mean hot side, lol. When I lived in Short Pump my buddy and I called it that. I fished the cold side and always did well. I never really thought that much about the hot side because there was so much area to fish on the cold side. You really have to know a property owner on the hot side, no other way that I know of. I fished it a few times with a friend in the summer but the water was like 90 and we didn't do well. I think they do much better over the cooler months. However that was 20 years ago. I didn't care for that side much.

7. Member
    Hot side is awesome in the winter. And you have to know a property owner. To get there.

But april 13. You definitely want to be on the cold size. It’s spawning time there and it’s very easy to see them. It can be fun but lake does get crowded then with fishersman.

8. Member
    Thanks

9. Member
    Anna's my closest lake. I try to get out on her every week or at worst every other. She's a temperamental B at times. I'm far from a good stick but I'll be happy to help in anyway to make your trip enjoyable. Let me know closer to your arrival and maybe we can meet up while your down here.
    1999 Stratos 273 Vindicator 2013 Yamaha 150hp HPDI Vmax

10. Member
    they should be spawning down lake by that time.....the water is extremely clear...uplake fish the grass...you should have fun

11. Member
    plan a day to go fish the Potomac river . closest creek is Aquia creek and you will never need to go out on the main river. you may not want to fish Anna after the Potomac......

12. Member
    I keep my boat at a close friends house on the hotside. But like someone else said. In April you want to be on the cold side anyway. The big girls live over there. The dependable thing about the hot side is that it never freezes over. When both reactors are running the plant pumps 2 million gallons per min of warm water into the hotside. About 14 degrees above whatever the intake temp is from the cold side. I am lucky to be able to fish both places. The fish are definitely bigger on the cold side though. Not many bags exceed 14lbs on the hotside. You would need between 14 to 25lbs to win most events on the cold side depending on the time of the year and the level of the completion. Look at Sturgeons Creek Marinas website. They have events going on year round. You can see the size of the bags being brought in through out the year there. Some very good sticks in their tournaments.
    Stratos 2003 200 Pro XL

13. Member
    Stratos 2003 200 Pro XL