Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Agent orange claims another one

1–12–2019 Another US Army vet falls to agent orange after battling cancer for many years. We lost a Good man a Good friiend and a Good fisherman. Prays to the family and friends.

Who?

3. Member

4. Member
    R.I.P

5. Member
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

6. Member
    Sad, RIP

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

9. Banned
    RIP, my brother died from it he was full of cancer. He fought it for 10 years.

10. Banned
    'You ask what we were doing over there all those years: what it was all about? I'll tell you pure and simple: it was a noble cause.' -- Ronald Reagan
    [Agent Orange is the code name for a herbicide, (one of several defoliants used, the others were Agent Pink, Agent Blue and Agent White, derived from the colour coding of the drums containing the defoliants) used by the U.S. military in its Herbicidal Warfare program during the Vietnam War, when an estimated 21,136,000 gal. of Agent Orange were sprayed across South Vietnam. 4.8 million Vietnamese people were exposed to Agent Orange, resulting in 400,000 deaths and disabilities, and 500,000 children born with birth defects.
    Agent Orange was manufactured by Monsanto, Dow Chemicals (manufacturers of Napalm), Uniroyal, Hercules, Diamond Shamrock, Thompson Chemical and TH Agriculture. Monsanto were the main supplier. The Agent Orange produced by Monsanto had dioxin levels many times higher than that produced by Dow Chemicals, the other major supplier of Agent Orange to Vietnam.
    Dioxins are one of the most toxic chemicals known to man. Permissible levels are measured in parts per trillion, the ideal level is zero. The Agent Orange manufactured by Monsanto contained 2,3,7,8-tetrachlordibenzo-para-dioxin (TCDD), extremely deadly even when measured against other dioxins. The levels found in domestic 2,4,5-T were around 0.05 ppm, that shipped to Vietnam peaked at 50 ppm, ie 1,000 times higher than the norm.
    Operation Hades, later changed to Operation Ranch Hand, sprayed 6 million acres of forest in Vietnam, 19 million gallons of defoliant. The intention was to turn Vietnam into desert, to cause such destruction that Vietnam would never recover. The first and most immediate effect of Operation Ranch Hand was the loss of tree cover. Millions of acres of forest destroyed. It was only later that the carcinogenic and other effects began to emerge.
    US service men, who at most only served a few months tour of duty, have suffered from cancers, skin disorders and liver disorders. In an out-of-court settlement in May 1984 the manufacturers wore forced to pay $180 million in damages for exposure to Agent Orange, little more than 'nuisance value'. Monsanto as the key defendant was forced by the presiding judge to contribute 45.5% of the total pay-out.]

See: Depleted Uranium

This is just the top part of the numerous reports and the 1,000s that are dying each day.

11. Member
    My wife's brother died from pancreatic cancer most likely caused by exposure to agent orange in Nam.

12. Member
    For the family and friends.

13. Member
    Rip. : My brother was dosed twice by it, and has been paying a price.

14. Airborne/Infantry bassnman81's Avatar

Lake Norman, N.C./New Britain, CT.
    An Khe 66-67

15. Member
    God Bless all that served in that war. Tuff times for our Country.

16. Member
    Sorry to hear. Prayers for his family.

My grandsons other grandfather has been living with a form of cancer caused by agent orange. A local guy I played softball with for 20 years lost his battle last year.

17. Member

18. Member
    They buried several drums of agent orange in my town. We’d always ride our bikes to where they buried it as kind of a “right to passage”. In 2013 they just removed it from the area
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

19. Member
    US Service men served alot more then a few months. I served in the Marine Corps and our tours were 1 year. I am pretty sure the Army and other branches were the same.
    I was in the Chu Lai area and they sprayed the jungle alot around Hill 54 our base camp. Several times they flew directly over us spraying. At the time we were told it's was harmless
    not to worry about it. I believe they were trying to help us by getting rid of the cover the VC and NVA were using. I have been lucky and so far have had no symptoms. Sadly there
    are many who were not lucky and are still paying the price. I say prayers for them every day.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TR2129 View Post
    US Service men served alot more then a few months. I served in the Marine Corps and our tours were 1 year. I am pretty sure the Army and other branches were the same.
    I was in the Chu Lai area and they sprayed the jungle alot around Hill 54 our base camp. Several times they flew directly over us spraying. At the time we were told it's was harmless
    not to worry about it. I believe they were trying to help us by getting rid of the cover the VC and NVA were using. I have been lucky and so far have had no symptoms. Sadly there
    are many who were not lucky and are still paying the price. I say prayers for them every day.
    My brother was in Chu Lai, 68-69...got dosed twice. Cancer multiple times, still holding on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast