Thread: Skeeter colors

Skeeter colors

The last few years I've thought of buying a new FX just to stay current (mine looks showroom so probably stupid with all upgraded electronics). I would buy another FX20 and get the LE. Problem is I don't care for any of the color combos at all. Not saying I hate them just wouldn't be my choice at $70k. Build a FX (non LE to get what you want) and it sky rockets the price. I think boat manufacturers are making a bit of a mistake with limited offers. I like most of the colors they offer just not in the combinations and for example I like blue but way too much of it. I also don't get the multi colored seats that all boat manufacturers seem to use...looks like a damn checkerboard! when I custom built my current FX I chose a solid black seat and my Ranger I custom built before that had a solid charcoal seat. I like different colored piping , logo, and maybe a small insert diff color but these seats are gaudy! The red option when I look on the web is too busy! Gives me a headache. Rant over...I'll keep what I got

2. Member
    Lol, i have bought 4 boats and none of them were even close to the colors I wanted. The first Skeeter was what i would call Crap Brown, I had another terrible Yellow Brown I think you get my point. My current one is White and Black. It wasn't what I wanted but after a month I fell in love with it. This color wasn't even on my radar. I like the black and gray seats on the FX 20.

I'm more of the flashy green and blue guy.

To be honest with the price I paid on that first Crap Brown Skeeter the color bothered me all for about a week. I never notice the color after I start fishing. Give me good price and the options I want and what ever color has the best price.

Works the same way with vehicles I start with my favorite color and end up with my last choice in color but with everything I wanted at a lower price.

3. Member
    I think the guys buying the orange, yellow, lime will regret in a few years. They are sharp now but could grow sick of the colors fast and then good luck on resale

I bought the 17 FXLE because I liked the Cobalt Blue and didn’t want to risk that the next year Blue was going to be something I liked. I’m absolutely glad I bought when I did.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    I think the guys buying the orange, yellow, lime will regret in a few years. They are sharp now but could grow sick of the colors fast and then good luck on resale
    I’ll have to disagree... I had the blue LE and I now have the orange LE. I get more compliments on the orange one and I doubt I’ll have any issues selling it. They’re sharp and unique... Not everyone wants a boat that looks like every other boat on the water.

6. Member
    The green and orange ain't for me or the black wheels. But that's the reason they make different ones.

That why I like my ZX.. Its normal..

MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

8. Member
    I own a zx but the cooler really suck, they just haven't changed the inside of the zx in at least 9 years. Colors also heading another route.

9. Member
    Love that color better than 19’s

10. Member
    beautiful!

11. Member
    I think it is stupid that you can’t pick your own colors when spending that much money.