Thread: Team trails?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigman78 View Post
    3 fish limit. Is one new rule
    yup, they tried saying that the vote at the classic last year was for next years classic and for all the regular season tourneys. Which was deffently not the case. The vote/poll they took was only for the next years classic. Plus they havent even told the majority of the people that fish the renegades about the 3 fish limit or posted it on their website. There will be alot of guys suprised come the first tournament.

2. Member
    Odds are they will stay with a 5 fish or better lots of guys hate the idea. I'm done with both circuits.

3. Member
    Odds are they will stay with a 5 fish or better lots of guys hate the idea. I'm done with both circuits.
    All renegade tournies are 3 fish for a fact. The regular season events and the classic
    They aint got hands, set the hook

4. Member
    Wonder why a 3 fish? To make things tighter at weigh in?

5. Member
    Wonder why a 3 fish? To make things tighter at weigh in?

I think they started it at the classic for conservation purposes and to not make it look like the lake is in the shape its in. When you were having 10 teams to bring in a limit the first 2 days it looked bad. Im sure the regular events are just for conservation. I know of several teams that wont be fishing the local division this year for various reasons and decisions that have been made. Their numbers for the classic have been falling and id guess this year youll see another nose dive. Have heard USA Bassin may follow suit with the 3 fish deal

6. Member
    I believe renegade screwed themselves when they went from one big division to 10-12 division. That's my thoughts.

So what’s wrong with a three fish limit

8. Member
    A 3 fish limit brings more luck into the equation. 1 really big fish can change where you finish wayyyy to much.

As it does if it’s a five fish limit

10. Member
    Not as much though. Its basic math. Say your lakes average keeper is 3 lbs. Somebody catches a 6. A that makes that one fish 1/2 of the total bags weight. In a 5 fish limit its only a 1/3 of the total weight of the bag. Somebody catches 5- 4 lbers in a day, they can't overcome that one big fish in a 3 fish limit (they tie at 12 lbs) but with a 5 fish limit they do over come it, 20 lbs to 18 lbs. In a lake with average keepr being 3 lbs, the odds of catching a 6 are a lot smaller than they are catching 4 lbers as 4 lbs isn't that far from the deviation of the mean where a 6 is, thus making it more "luck". Thus luck plays a greater role when the number of fish to be kept is smaller.

11. Member
    Totally agree with this ^^^^^^

12. Member
    I said the same thing and got the your opinion doesn't matter look. Oh well their boat let them sink it.
    And the Ntba has a better chance of making to a big tournament. Like the bass team championship.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jgorrell.tcp View Post
    Not as much though. Its basic math. Say your lakes average keeper is 3 lbs. Somebody catches a 6. A that makes that one fish 1/2 of the total bags weight. In a 5 fish limit its only a 1/3 of the total weight of the bag. Somebody catches 5- 4 lbers in a day, they can't overcome that one big fish in a 3 fish limit (they tie at 12 lbs) but with a 5 fish limit they do over come it, 20 lbs to 18 lbs. In a lake with average keepr being 3 lbs, the odds of catching a 6 are a lot smaller than they are catching 4 lbers as 4 lbs isn't that far from the deviation of the mean where a 6 is, thus making it more "luck". Thus luck plays a greater role when the number of fish to be kept is smaller.
    Exactly. Well laid out logic.

So I guess all y’all catch a limit of average size keeper. Maybe they should change to the major league fishing format

15. Member
    That what most people call a limit

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 59tomitriton View Post
    So I guess all y’all catch a limit of average size keeper. Maybe they should change to the major league fishing format

Why are you trying to tell people their opinion is wrong? If they/we dont like a 3 fish limit and choose not to fish the circuit thats their choice. If you like the 3 fish rule thats great. Nobody has said youre wrong for liking it. Thats why theyre opinions. I agree with most of whats been said about why people dont like the 3 fish limit but dont think your opinions wrong. I swear somebody could catch a state record and youd have somethin negative to say about it

Didn’t say anybody’s opinion was wrong. That’s why I asked what was wrong with a three fish limit. I agree if you don’t like it don’t fish it. But why bash it if you disagree. All I was saying is it is what it is, same rules same limit for everyone

18. Member

USA Bassin

3 fish limit. Is one new rule
    5 fish limit USA Bassin Green River Lake

At least 4 Regionals in KY.

2020 Classic Lake Chickamuaga in Late April and Early May!!

You can qualify for Bassmaster Team Championship!

http://www.usabassin.com/

19. Member
    Last edited by bassmaster658; 01-26-2019 at 06:42 PM. Reason: link

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster658 View Post
    5 fish limit USA Bassin Green River Lake

At least 4 Regionals in KY.

2020 Classic Lake Chickamuaga in Late April and Early May!!

You can qualify for Bassmaster Team Championship!

http://www.usabassin.com/

Tim hes talking about the Renegade, not USA Bassin. Been some whispers of them going that direction next year, not this year

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast