Aftermarket Warranty

Any reputable aftermarket warranties out there?
    my 250 proxs ran out end of November

s/n: 1B964392

2. Member
    I have yet to see any aftermarket mercury warranties worth buying, they never pay to do the job correctly. I have seen progressive propulsion coverage work for lower units though.

3. Member
    I got burned on the last two aftermarket/3rd party warranties I bought. One company went bankrupt, the other didnt honor the warranty the way the documentation read so I got what money back I could.

4. Member
    Travelers Insurance. Ask about mechanical coverage.
    Rick Collis
    903-473-8820

5. Member
    Thanks for feedback gang

6. Member
    I got one through rec lending when I bought my boat. The name of it is exteme gard. They are based in Ohio. They covered the replacement of my oil pump no questions asked.

7. Member
    My service center told me to buy Brunswick, it is owned by Mercury. Mine 250 pro xs is getting a new powerhead as we speak. 249 hrs and 5 months out of warranty. Bit the bright side is this motor made it longer than any 250 pro xs Ive owned !

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    All of this discussion involves Service Contracts (Warranty is something that comes on the engine from the Factory, not something purchased after the fact).

Brunswick is very similar to Mercury Product Protection (NOT identical, but very similar in terms of coverages and what engines may or may not have coverage written).

NEITHER of those are aftermarket, technically (as Brunswick is the Parent-Company of Mercury Marine).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor