Question ?? TUBE DROP SHOT ??

Anyone drop shot a tube?? if so, What size, What structure? What conditions??

I read it can be VERY productive and I want to try it around RIP-RAP

Tried it once last spring on St. Clair more so because they were smashing anything we threw at them on our drop shots. I caught a few, but havent tried it since

3. Member
    Usually use a 4" white tube and a 3/0 Owners down shot hook ran clear thru the tube. . Lot of times they will bite the tails, and the 3/0 will get them. Use it mainly pre-spawn when they are suspended up

4. Member
    On a semi related note ........... that down shot hook is one bad ass hook.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    On a semi related note ........... that down shot hook is one bad ass hook.
    Yes sir, the only drop hook that I use. #1 is great for crappie. A crappie tube will cradle perfect on the hook.

I often would drop shot a tube when I fished Erie a lot. The first BLF check I ever got was doing that very thing.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Strike king bitsy tube chin hooked with gamma drop swivel hook around grass. Use a neko or straight shank with weedgaurd in the trees. Can use it to throw a smaller tube to fish that short strike a regular tube. You can spend more time fishing/catching with a tube cause they are so durable. Fish it on points. You don't have to impart much action compared to worms. I mostly just drag.

I've done it with Z-Man "TubeZ" a few times. I was really excited about those in general when I bought them, turns out that dropshotting is about the only thing they're good for. You can "nose hook" them and they work very well in that application though - good action, the bouyancy is just right, they stay on the hook well, etc. Never tried it with a tube otherwise though.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34