Crank with weight transfer?

I like the price of SK 5xd and 6xd but do not like how they cast. I like the Duo g87 a15 and 20 but the price point at 15.99 is more than I'd like so trying to see if any great alternative with weight transfer before I buy a dozen or so.

Thank you for your recommendations.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Banned
    Sprout Little John's are awesome for casting.

3. Member
    6th Sense C15, C20 are good alternatives to 5XD, 6XD.

I really like the Berkley Dredger. They definitely cast better than the 5 and 6XDs; whether that's something in the way they're built or only due to the fact that they have a smaller body and so don't catch as much wind I can't be sure. In any case, they also get down quicker to their advertised depths, are easier to fish, and overall seem to just flat out work better. An under-rated feature is that they come through vegetation better than anything else I've tried, I'm assuming due to the weighted bill protecting the hooks more reliably. In fact, the reason I bought a couple to try in the first place is that someone on this board mentioned how well they come through vegetation and attributed it to the weighted bill. It was spot on, and I love it - it's a big, big deal where I fish.

Take all that for whatever it's worth.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

5. Member
    Spro Little John DD

I'd have to say, without a doubt, these are by far one of the best casting deep diving crankbaits. With the right rod and line, you can launch this sucker. It gets down there too, pretty quickly! I never have to tune these and they never come out of tune. They're quality control is top notch!

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    The Berkley Dredgers are great for a smaller profile. Those Spros look like the ticket to me and are a little larger than the Dredger.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

7. Member
    The Dredgers cast like a bullet --They are becoming one of my favorite C Baits. Great hardware on them too. I use the SK too and have done well on them too. have to change the hooks tho.
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

8. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    For me, on SK cranks, Gamakatsu short shank trebles work the best. They stop the hooks from catching the lip and each other when using the stock o rings.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

9. Member
    Dts cast great for me.