Thread: EFI INJECTORS

EFI INJECTORS

Hey all,
    Im getting prepped to remove my fuel injectors on my 2001 mercury efi. Sending them out for cleaning and calibration. Have never attempted this. Can anyone shed some light on : tools needed for removal. Steps to removing them. Things to be cautious about. Any tips that would be helpful otherwise.

Thanks everyone for your help!

2. Banned
    You may get better response in the forums below this one. Post your serial #and hp so they can get a better idea on which motor you have. Hope you get the info you need!

3. Member
    send complete body leave inj installed so all can be tested for leaks , remove vap separator send the rest
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

4. Member
    The only reason they would leak would be due to O ring failure. If theyre replacing the o rings I don't see an advantage of sending anything more than the injectors themselves

5. Member
    Moderators : is there a better forum this thread could be transferred to ?

6. Member
    Guys u can see my injectors attached to the fuel rail. How does the fuel rail disassemble. and and how do i remove the actual inhectors .

I would get a Mercury manual if I were you. They have an awesome step by step instruction page on the injectors, fuel rail, "O" rings, etc. This will take the guess work out of everything and give you hints of things to watch out for. Be sure you mark the position each one came off of. They may tell the tale of the condition of each cylinder. Handle with care and if you ship them off to have the cleaned and calibrated be sure you put insurance on your shipment. They are worth about $600 a piece.

8. Member
    ser num and hp would help lead you to correct forum
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    ser num and hp would help lead you to correct forum
    ^^^^
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

10. Member
    Mercury 200HP 2001. SN# OT391992. This is an EFI motor.

Luvdmymerc thank u for the tips

11. Member
    capt there will be allen head bolts and phillips head screw on back of housing remove rail unclip inj box up , manual is great help also , your mtr is 2.5 L lots more info next forum down

12. Member
    Thank you sir