Thread: Gillette

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Perhaps it's their position that the presence of beer would take a scene of masculinity over the edge, to toxic masculinity?
    If it's Michelob Ultra, all hope is lost for menkind.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Sell products and let parents do the parenting. The whole social message deal was brought on by the Me Too movement. These companies are jumping on the popular band wagon. Any guy worth a damn grain of salt knows how to treat a lady. Note I said lady.

My wife's parents did a FANTASTIC job. She is respected in both her profession and at home. I am no less a man to fix dinner, clean house, etc...We have a mutual respect. The first time my son asked me could he bring home a female friend to spend the night (a junior in college) I immediately asked him had he asked her father. You could have heard a pin drop. At 32 years old with a baby girl of his own...he gets it now. At the time I was the daggum devil with all my "rules." I don't need Gillette, Nike, or any other company telling me how to raise my children. The problem is soooooo many in our society seem to want someone else to do just that.

Gillette owns The Art of Shaving. Maybe they would be better off advertising stuff like that instead of trying to solve society's ills?
    Mic drop! Well said John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

3. Banned
    They should have made a commercial that men should stick around and raise their children with values and morals instead of hit it and quit it. Or a commercial that women should be more selective of the men they choose to have children with. Women have no business raising boys on their own. Boys raised by women without a strong male role model will either become "pussyfied" or quickly learn at a young age, they can walk all over women.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Boys raised by women without a strong male role model will either become "pussyfied" or quickly learn at a young age, they can walk all over women.
    I’m guessing you don’t respect single mothers. Wonder what ever happened with all the boys raised during/after WWI, WWII, Vietnam, etc.?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    I’m guessing you don’t respect single mothers. Wonder what ever happened with all the boys raised during/after WWI, WWII, Vietnam, etc.?
    Not going to argue with you. I believe what I believe and you can interpret it it however you want. Maybe rather than focusing on hundreds, maybe thousands of children who's families were victims of of war, you should look at the millions that don't fall into that category.

6. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Men should stay and raise their children! If the marriage doesn’t work, fine, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be a father! I keep reading in every thread how kids are the problem with society....they didn’t raise themselves! Or did they?

Theres an entire generation of young adults that don’t know how to be a man, and it’s because the fathers didn’t teach them. If you get mad at a stupid commercial...maybe it hits too close to home. My father didn’t teach me shit! He was an abusive alcoholic that died when I was 15 of scirossis of the liver; and I was a little punk because I never had any guidance.

Somehow my morals and the way I treat humans got straightened out but I learned it by trial and error. For pete’s sake it’s a freakin’ commercial!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

This kind of reminds me of the whole "Common Sense" gun laws thing. Call semi auto rifles "assault rifles" and then work your way down the list of commonly owned guns. Look at the laws being passed around the country (oregon for example) now and people aren't up in arms about it. Its because the media has painted a picture of guns being evil. Now we are painting a picture redefining masculinity as being all of these negative things. Right now they threw "toxic" in front but soon it will be an all out attack on being a regular man. There are higher powers in society trying to shape us to be something different. If we can't raise our sons to be strong gun carrying men then what will the country be in 50 more years?

Quote Originally Posted by ironoutlaw View Post
    If we can't raise our sons to be strong gun carrying men then what will the country be in 50 more years?
    Australia?

(Miss ya, Dale )

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 188Musky View Post
    Australia?

(Miss ya, Dale )
    in before the name calling starts
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

10. Member
    Gillette is getting lots of publicity over this. Bad publicity is still good publicity they say...

11. Member
    I'm not offended by this since it doesn't apply to me. What does offend me (not really) about this commercial is they tried to pull a fast one by acting like they care! It's just advertising and at the end of the day it's about the money. The company doesn't give a rats ass they're just hopping on the movement train to push sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    Men should stay and raise their children! If the marriage doesn’t work, fine, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be a father! I keep reading in every thread how kids are the problem with society....they didn’t raise themselves! Or did they?

Theres an entire generation of young adults that don’t know how to be a man, and it’s because the fathers didn’t teach them. If you get mad at a stupid commercial...maybe it hits too close to home. My father didn’t teach me shit! He was an abusive alcoholic that died when I was 15 of scirossis of the liver; and I was a little punk because I never had any guidance.

Somehow my morals and the way I treat humans got straightened out but I learned it by trial and error. For pete’s sake it’s a freakin’ commercial!
    That's where coaches come in.......I have 5 kids. with no dad in the picture, they are my boys. I take care of them in many ways, they have been on my teams since K. They are very greatful boys for the things I do for them. Mom's all work hard, some two jobs. I pick them up, take them home, stop for Smitys homemade ice cream. They know I am watching over them as young men, they know I will be allover them, if they don't fly straight.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    I'm not offended by this since it doesn't apply to me. What does offend me (not really) about this commercial is they tried to pull a fast one by acting like they care! It's just advertising and at the end of the day it's about the money. The company doesn't give a rats ass they're just hopping on the movement train to push sales.

Here is the winner. At the end of the day if they gain more users than lose they win.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat21 View Post
    That's where coaches come in.......I have 5 kids. with no dad in the picture, they are my boys. I take care of them in many ways, they have been on my teams since K. They are very greatful boys for the things I do for them. Mom's all work hard, some two jobs. I pick them up, take them home, stop for Smitys homemade ice cream. They know I am watching over them as young men, they know I will be allover them, if they don't fly straight.
    Thank you for what you do. That's what family is supposed to do. I was never close to any of our nieces or nephews when they were younger, as I was always the one to let them know when they needed to get their act together. They got it loud and clear. As they are getting older they are realizing what my intentions were.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Thank you for what you do. That's what family is supposed to do. I was never close to any of our nieces or nephews when they were younger, as I was always the one to let them know when they needed to get their act together. They got it loud and clear. As they are getting older they are realizing what my intentions were.
    The greatest joy, is when a young man I coached 20-25 Years ago comes up to me, normally I do not recognise them due to age. They tell me the impact I had, it feels strange at times. but rewarding. Tuff Lovel and strong dicipline, is what those kids needed. Show you love them, but make them understand they are accountable.

16. Member
    Since Nike hit a home run with the whole kap ad, marketing companies are intentionally trying to create these situations. The goal is to stir controversy and get noticed in a crowded and noisy marketplace. Looks like they did it again.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 12poundbass View Post
    Proctor and Gamble probably sells more product to women, or their products are purchased by women, than their Gillette sales to men.

They must be calculating to gain more women's sales than the men not buying Gillette.

But me, I think if a company loses one customer, that's one too many. Why take this chance over a social issue ?

If I were a P&G stockholder, I would be pissed, not at the content of the ad, but that management does not have their focus on the proper area, and that's delivering the highest profit possible to drive the price per share. I would not own stock in a company of social justice warriors.

I guess , here in America, we've built such a great country and life so easy and so much has come our way, that's its taken for granted and these P&G execs can start using the company to instigate social change. This is a luxury, that a company can pay for an ad , that addresses a social issue that impacts a very small number of people.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff La View Post
    Here is the winner. At the end of the day if they gain more users than lose they win.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaJim View Post
    The fathers of those boys were off fighting in a war. Many of the current batch were hit an run because the welfare state makes popping babies out much more profitable than the traditional family structure.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    lmao here comes the BBC boycotte that will surely make the company go bankrupt

the fact that you just made a post on an internet forum about a TV commercial and subsequently will now have 100+ people go out and search for the ad to watch it...now that is some damn effective marketing. You got duped!
    I see why you are not in the ad business.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast