2017 proxs 250 3rd set of rails and diaphams in 2 years

Don replaced my rails and diaphragms back in June or July 2017 for the second time. Well it happened again over the weekend. I have had 2 of the best mercury mechanics work on my boat so I know for a fact it’s a parts issue. It’s a little aggravating (even though under warranty) to have to keep dealing with the same issue over and over again with no apparent long term fix. I am greatful that mercury has replaced everything 2 times with no questions . I’m just a little annoyed to keep having this issue every 6 months to a year. Especially with all these other Mercury’s that have hundreds of hours that have not had it happen. I’m thinking of maybe trading it in on the new 4 stroke . Maybe more reliable? Who knows.
    Last edited by Branden_Monk_champ203; 01-15-2019 at 02:09 AM.

2. Member
    Sorry to hear about your luck, we have replaced alot of diaphragms and very rarely have ever had a repeat, why were the rails replaced?

3. Member
    I have no idea honestly. I guess Incase that was causing the issue. Really wish they could figure out the underlying issue causing the failures

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden_Monk_champ203 View Post
    Don replaced my rails and diaphragms back in June or July 2017 for the second time. Well it happened again over the weekend. I have had 2 of the best mercury mechanics work on my boat so I know for a fact it’s a parts issue. It’s a little aggravating (even though under warranty) to have to keep dealing with the same issue over and over again with no apparent long term fix. I am greatful that mercury has replaced everything 2 times with no questions . I’m just a little annoyed to keep having this issue every 6 months to a year. Especially with all these other Mercury’s that have hundreds of hours that have not had it happen. I’m thinking of maybe trading it in on the new 4 stroke . Maybe more reliable? Who knows.
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Pieced together and found your Serial Number: 2B123909

As we likely discussed when we last saw you, the rails installed on your engine then were the second replacement.

Sorry to hear you're having a problem- haven't heard anything about it until just now (though it does appear that a Dealer was attempting to assist you perhaps).

If you need assistance, feel free to contact the Service Department to make an appointment to bring the boat in.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Branden_Monk_champ203 View Post
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Pieced together and found your Serial Number: 2B123909

As we likely discussed when we last saw you, the rails installed on your engine then were the second replacement.

Sorry to hear you're having a problem- haven't heard anything about it until just now (though it does appear that a Dealer was attempting to assist you perhaps).

If you need assistance, feel free to contact the Service Department to make an appointment to bring the boat in.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Thanks ! I took it to hartwell sense that’s where it happened. I will be scheduling a annual service with you in the next few months. They found that the air diaphragm had a hole in it .

7. Member
    My 250 Pro XS has done this also. New rails and a handful of Tracker Valves in 2 years. Warr. goes out in May. Watching how your issues get solved.