Thread: Trim assembly

Trim assembly

I have a 2002 dt 200, my trim assembly is not working. The trim motor is working fine. Am thinking I have to replace the whole trim assembly. Any ideas?

2. Member
    Where is not working at? On the motor itself, control box, or both? It could be something easy like a relay assembly somewhere.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

3. Member
    You might need one or two trim relays, p/n 38410-94551. They cost a little less than $100 new. There may also be an adjustable up trip stop which would limit the up trim limit on the cross tube.
    The odds on both relays going bad is pretty small but if the up limit switch has been actuated and the down trim relay is bad it will be stuck up. If you have only 2 wires going to the trim motor you could disconnect them and put 12 volts across them and it should run unless the motor went bad. If the motor is defective the bolts holding it in appear to be set in Loctite and may snap off when loosened so be careful.

4. Member
    Is there anyway I could give you a call?

5. Member
    I have a very good tilt trim that I took off a 200hp engine. $100.00 + shipping if you need it

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by challengersrt8 View Post
    I have a very good tilt trim that I took off a 200hp engine. $100.00 + shipping if you need it
    DT or DF?

7. Member
    Under the cowling should be two trim tilt relays. One should have a larger blue wire, one should have a larger green wire. If you took those two wires off and hooked a 12 volt source to them, and the motor runs you have a relay , fuse or wiring issue. I presume you have tried the boat and motor switches and don't have a dead battery.

8. Member
    It is a DT 200 2001 704873. I have the engine. it is took apart if you need any thing else. thank you

9. Member
    Yes 9312737257