Vinyl or carpet??

What are your thoughts on a Tracker with vinyl instead of carpet?
    Last 2 year models we'll say.
    Thanks for your input.

About to pull the trigger on a 195 TE.
    150 Pro XS.

2. Member
    I faced that decision a year ago when I bought my 2018 model. I saw the vinyl as lower maintenance and easier clean up and had no concerns about traction. I did have concerns about peeling on the edges plus I just prefer carpet despite cleaning issues so I went with carpet. After a year of use I don't regret my decision. Your needs may have different priorities.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

3. Banned
    I didn't care for the fit and finish of the vinyl. I thought it looked crudely installed to the point that it would fail in a few years.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    I didn't care for the fit and finish of the vinyl. I thought it looked crudely installed to the point that it would fail in a few years.
    Agree w/this. I think its a great idea, but it looks very cheap to me and seems like it wouldn't last long under any hard use conditions. Was also worried about it getting very hot in the summer sun. My wife fishes with me a ton and she took one look at it and said "nope".
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

5. Member
    I bought a 2005 tracker v18 all fish new and I'm still on the original vinyl. Not a problem cleans up easy and I have the sand color and it stays cool. In winter with frost or catfish slime on it I have never slipped.

Don

6. Member
    Just looked at one at a boat show. The thing i noticed was how loud it was closing lids.

I like the look of carpet better, looks more finished!

7. Member
    Living in Florida, Vinyl makes sense, but, I just like carpet. Easier on bare feet, traction, and sound deadening. So far, the "blood and guts" have all washed out.

8. Member
    Buddy of mine bought a new 190 last year with the vinyl and hated it from the get go. He said it was hot and then shortly after that it started peeling at the edges. Dealer offered to replace and he went with carpet instead. I’ve got a 195 with the carpet and have no complaints.
    2018 Tracker PT 195TXW Anniversary Edition, Mercury 150L.

9. Member
    I’ve had my Pro 170 with vinyl for about 3 years now. I haven’t had any issues with wear and tear yet, in fact it’s holding up very well. It’s also very easy to clean and maintain. The main disadvantage I see is that it is somewhat slick when wet. I like it now, but if I ever slip and bust my ass I will not be a happy camper.