Worm gear bearing upgrade question

Was recommend to post this question here.

I have Daiwa Tatula casting reels. How much truly will upgrading the worm gear bearings matter? I understand upgrading the spool bearings and how that would help but not the worm gear.

Another question reference the thumb trigger on one of my reels seems to be harder to engage (almost like it's sticking but will engage with what seems to me is more force than my others require) and disengaging is also a bit harder then my others. If I take the handle off or the right side it eases up. I can't visibly see anything that may be wrong and nothing seems bent, etc, but looking for ideas.

Thanks,

Robert

2. Member
    The worm gear bearing upgrade will make the reel feel smoother.

Sticky clutch can be a number of things. clean your reel first.

The mechanism for the Tatula's T-Wing is integrated into the clutch system, like was mentioned above a thorough cleaning/lube should get you back in business. The worm gear may be in need of a good cleaning as it's exposed to the elements and could be bound up with old hardened grease and debris from the lake. Personally I don't grease my worm shafts, I prefer a light coat of oil. I doubt you'll see much of a difference with bearings instead of bushings, it sound like all it needs is a good clean and lube.
    Ranting incoherently

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iabass8 View Post
    The worm gear bearing upgrade will make the reel feel smoother.

Sticky clutch can be a number of things. clean your reel first.
    This