Should I be worried?

300XS
    1E052618

Cleaning compressor strainer today and found ONE of the stickers from motor mounted oil tank in port lower cowling. There were 2 stickers on tank. Could the other one gotten sucked in through plenum?

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Definitely possible... have seen all sorts of items in the intake/reeds (or beyond).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Any suggestions other than looking in to plenum for the obvious?

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Make sure it's not in the Attenuator or reeds- other than that a good look around inside the cowling and the TOP cowling.

Not too worried about "damage"... though it would be preferable to not have them in the reeds.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Thank you Don

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash