Need Advice on New Trolling Motor for Tracker 17’ Pro 170

I need advice on which trolling motor to get for my 17 ft Tracker Pro 170. My boat came with 12V trolling motor, and I plan to stay with 12V. I want features like spot lock/anchor lock, and the ability to go in a straight line from point A to point B with no effort on my part. It would be best if it is compatible with my Humminbird Helix 7 DI up front. Any input would be appreciated.

2. Banned
    The only options you really have is a terrova 12v or powerdrive 12v. Don't think motorguide makes that i5 in 12v.dont think it will link to that model helix. You options are limited.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwood View Post
    I need advice on which trolling motor to get for my 17 ft Tracker Pro 170. My boat came with 12V trolling motor, and I plan to stay with 12V. I want features like spot lock/anchor lock, and the ability to go in a straight line from point A to point B with no effort on my part. It would be best if it is compatible with my Humminbird Helix 7 DI up front. Any input would be appreciated.
    To link with the Helix, the Helix will need to be ethernet compatable. Then you will have to go 24V to get the Link. The 55 (12V) can give you the IPilot, but doesn't show the link.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

4. Member
    Would a Xi5 in 12V be a possibility? Could the helix 7 be hooked up to just read 2D sonar? I could live without DI. I was thinking an adapter cable fitting was available to provide 2D and temp if the Xi5 had the built in transducer. I have no idea if this is correct or not. I’m an old guy with back problems and arthritis, and trying to make it as easy on myself as possible given the fishing rig I own.

Would a Xi5 in 12V be a possibility? Could the helix 7 be hooked up to just read 2D sonar? I could live without DI. I was thinking an adapter cable fitting was available to provide 2D and temp if the Xi5 had the built in transducer. I have no idea if this is correct or not. I’m an old guy with back problems and arthritis, and trying to make it as easy on myself as possible given the fishing rig I own.
    Check the Connected Transducer choices that the Helix 7 DI unit has for HB 83/200 kHz or Generic 83/200 kHz. Those would be the settings to use the built-in transducer for a Motor Guide or Minnkota excluding the MDI Minnkota version.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

6. Member
    Is there a plug adapter that would allow me to plug the Motorguide transducer cable into the back of my Helix 7? I have never seen an Xi3 or Xi5 up close to see what I’m dealing with for this hookup. Thanks for the transducer setup info for the Bird.

7. Member
    Is there a plug adapter that would allow me to plug the Motorguide transducer cable into the back of my Helix 7? I have never seen an Xi3 or Xi5 up close to see what I’m dealing with for this hookup. Thanks for the transducer setup info for the Bird.
    The Motorguide with a transducer is going to come "Lowrance" ready, meaning it will have the blue Lowrance connector. There is an adapter to go from the blue Lowrance to the Humminbird unit for sonar only.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

8. Member
    Thanks, it sounds like I need to decide on whether to get a Xi3 or Xi5. I wish the Motorguide website were a little more helpful. I appreciate everyone’s help here!

Thanks, it sounds like I need to decide on whether to get a Xi3 or Xi5. I wish the Motorguide website were a little more helpful. I appreciate everyone’s help here!

8M4001962
    is the MotorGuide Lowrance blue plug to Humminbird 7 pin adapter.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Super! Thanks.