Thread: 518 vx question

518 vx question

I have a 2001 518 vx anyone with this model boat go to a 36 volt trolling and where did you put 3rd battery? TIA.

2. Member
    In the center of the rigging/bilge area where the spare prop storage is.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M1RT View Post
    In the center of the rigging/bilge area where the spare prop storage is.
    Thanks that's what I thought.

4. Member
    If you have a four stroke,it can where the oil tank was.

5. Member
    I have 36v on my 518VX. 1 battery on starboard side, with oil tank. One in the middle, two on the port side. I would caution you about doing this due to weight. I personally had some negative effects to the boat from doing this... although I also added a talon at the same time which definitely didn't help.. I did add a foil and it got the holeshot back and it does stay on plane... but make sure you REALLY need 36v.

6. Member
    I did the same as the others have mentioned but didn’t notice any loss during hole shot but I don’t carry very much tackle. Maybe ten rods at the most and could fit all my tackle in five or six plano boxes

7. Member
    I added a 36V to mine, and ended up moving my oil tank from the drivers side over to the center where your spare prop storage would normally be. I figured this would balance out the boat better with two batteries on each side. I've had no issues, and the boat still runs right at 69 mph with a very good hole shot.

8. Member
    Thanks for the replies was just curious I see several 45 inch shaft 112's for sale.