Thread: Beef Heart

Beef Heart

Anyone eat beef heart and have a good recipe? I normally just boil it, slice it and give it to the dogs for treats. We get one every year from our steer but never ate it before. I have eaten it when processed along with other parts for headcheese.

2. Member
    If it's anything like a deer heart, we boil them, slice thin and marinate in Italian dressing. Pretty tasty.

Ask for the tongue, Boil it, peel it and slice real thin and make sandwiches. Cold tongue on white bread and butter is delicious, I imagine you can do the same with heart.

4. Member
    We like beef heart best made in one of two ways. Marinate thin slices in either a Korean style marinade or a Japanese style marinade.
    If we are by ourselves, the meat is then cooked under the broiler to our taste. If we are having it with family and/or friends for a nicer dinner, it is cooked by each individual on a hibachi type grill at the table. My wife usually serves it with steamed rice and a salad.

5. Member
    I'm not sure I could bring myself to eat heart. Probably great but just don't know I can do it.

6. Member
    Cut it into 1" cubes and put in the oven with a good beef stock. 275 degrees for 6 hours. In the last hour add 1 1/2 cups of white rice. Take it out and let it cool then feed it to your dog, he will love you for it...SB...
    2006 Ranger 188 VX with 150 E TEC and I EAT BASS!!!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    I'm not sure I could bring myself to eat heart. Probably great but just don't know I can do it.
    This I just can't bring myself to eat organ meats
    John the Garage Doorman

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Anyone eat beef heart and have a good recipe? I normally just boil it, slice it and give it to the dogs for treats. We get one every year from our steer but never ate it before. I have eaten it when processed along with other parts for headcheese.
    Organ meats are supposed to be the best food for dogs. That steer must be pretty sturdy.

9. Banned
    Uuhhhhhhh how bout no!!!!! I tried beef tongue tacos once and thought I was going to throw up. I’ll pass on the heart too. Lol

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin2 View Post
    Cut it into 1" cubes and put in the oven with a good beef stock. 275 degrees for 6 hours. In the last hour add 1 1/2 cups of white rice. Take it out and let it cool then feed it to your dog, he will love you for it...SB...

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    Organ meats are supposed to be the best food for dogs. That steer must be pretty sturdy.