Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    What is the formula.
    You asked,

How

Here's a brief overview of what's involved in calculating the BassFan World Rankings. (For confidentiality reasons, the proprietary methodology won't be discussed in detail.)

• The rankings are based on angler performance in top-level B.A.S.S. and FLW events. These events are the top ones in the sport and attract the top fishermen.
    • Events are weighted based on strength of field (calculated using the BassFan World Rank of everyone in the field) and size of field, meaning that it's easier to do well in smaller-field events than larger-field ones.
    • Bonus points are given for winning and for placing in the top 10 percent in all regular-season events. No bonuses are given for league Angler of the Year awards, points or standings because that data is already accounted for in the World Rankings methodology.
    • Championships are treated differently than regular-season tournaments.
    • The BassFan World Rankings methodology ensures that anglers who fish only one circuit are not at a disadvantage verus anglers who fish more than one. Rather, anglers who fish more events have more chances to do better (or worse) than anglers who fish fewer events. A simple example: six 5th-place finishes are better than three, and four 100th-place finishes are worse than two.
    • The rankings use data from the current and immediately prior years only (a rolling 2-calendar year cycle), and are updated after each major tournament.
    • The rankings are not an indication of who is/was the best bass angler ever. That is not a World Rankings. It's a list.
    • As with all World Rankings in all sports, the methodology used in the BassFan World Rankings calculation will change over time based on feedback from interested parties.
    • Bassmaster Opens, FLW Series (formerly Stren/EverStart) and Bass Fishing League (BFL) tournament data are not included in the BassFan World Rankings because these are "minor-league" or "triple-A" events.

Everything on BassFan.com, including the various BassFan ranking methodologies, is copyright BassFan LLC except where noted (notably photo credits). Members of accredited media may use BassFan content with few restrictions (see the Media Center page for more details). Any use of BassFan content not explicitly permitted by BassFan is a breach of copyright law and will be prosecuted as such.

Read more: http://www.bassfan.com/rankings.asp?...#ixzz5cdsvqBcn

And yeah, they don't give the math so I guess they could fudge it but I choose to believe they can't be bothered to.

The FLW write up on Bolton’s win stated that one of the guys chasing on the final day was Bryan Thrift “the greatest angler on the planet”. He’s at the top of his game right now, but is that a fair assessment?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I think he is the best tournament angler on the planet right now.

4. Member
    I agree with this, just didn't agree with the conspiracy theories over the last few months. Thrift is a stick.

5. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    They use their own boats in FLW all 4 days
    Isn’t that a new rule for this year along with no coangler?

6. Member
    If his truck and boat are not wrapped he may be trying to fly under DOT radar.

7. Banned
    Just imagine team tournaments with a thrift and Vandam as team partners...

8. Member
    I seen he didn’t have a ultrex either

9. Member
    He is a machine at the top in my opinion

10. Member
    Dumfries, Va./ Kerr-Buggs Island, Boydton Va.
    I like the boats without the wraps.

11. Member
    25 k first event not a bad start. He is a machine. They have a Pod Cast on Tuesday nights at 7 on Facebook Live.. Lets Talk Fish. Next week should be good hearing about the event. They are great at answering Live questions during the show.

12. fish8503@yahoo.com GOTTA BIG SACK's Avatar
    How did he catch fish if it wasn't wrapped?
    2021 Skeeter ZX150
    2020 Sea Doo GTI se 170

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aarchdale View Post
    I doubt it, he got second at guntersville and never moved up. They cant have the number 1 guy not fishing MLF
    Get back with us when he wins his 25th....thats right 25th......Tour Level tournament. Then he can be number one

Same here, he can catch them deep or shallow on any type of water.

15. Member
    Is it not a rule to have a wrapped boat in the FLW ? Or is that only BASS?

16. Member
    Interesting post #21. MLF is not included in their rankings criteria and of course it should not be.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    Interesting post #21. MLF is not included in their rankings criteria and of course it should not be.
    I don't think BPT should be included in the rankings, either. When you think about it, it's impossible to make a fair comparison between BPT and BASS/FLW because of the significant rule differences. How can you possibly compare someone who weighs in 30 fish for 40 pounds and someone who weighs in a five-fish limit for 23 pounds? I know the BassFan rankings are based on where the angler finishes in the field of anglers with whom he is competing; still, the way the winner is determined in BPT/MLF is so different than it is in BASS/FLW, that there is no possible way to say that any BPT/MLF angler is better than any BASS/FLW angler and vice versa. In my opinion, if BassFan includes BPT/MLF results going forward (which I suspect they will), then the rankings are absolutely meaningless.

18. Banned
    He is no doubt a great stick.

19. Banned
    I would agree with that also

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    It shouldn't be MLF is a TV show and totally different game.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast