Anyone use the Ulterra

For those of you that use the Ulterra how do you like it? What are some of the Pros and Cons. I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on one. I have a Terrova now and love it but the advantage of self deployment and stow are a strong point.

2. Member
    I have one on a 2017 PT175TXW for health reasons and very happy with the unit! The spot lock feature is my favorite...opens up a whole new world of fishing off shore on windy days! I hardly ever use my foot pedal now but do leave it hooked up just in case. Hands down best money I spent on a trolling motor.

3. Member
    I have the Ulterra if i had to do it over I'll get the Terrova. The self deployment is cool and useful but embarrassing when it acts up especially when everyone is looking at you and you get the motor error beeps.

I had mine act up when I was back home on vacation in Mississippi. Come to find out one of the 2 batteries for the 24V was going bad. I had the motor deployed and it was hard to get it retracted back on the boat. I bought one of the small jump starter batteries to keep on the boat in case it happens again. I had a Terrova before the Ulterra and had to give it up after having both knees replaced. The self deploy sure makes it easy and my wife is happy that I am not up on the bow deploying the motor with my knees the way they are. The knees are titanium now but you never know when unexpected things may happen. The Ulterra I believe is well worth the money.
    2019 tracker 195 Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150hp 4 Stroke
    4 blade Trophy plus 13 3/4 x 23 SS
    Smartcraft Mercmonitor
    Vesselview Mobile
    Minn Kota Ulterra I-pilot Link W/mega SI
    Humminbird Helix 12 SI Mega Chirp G3
    Humminbird Helix 10 SI Mega Chirp G4

5. Member
    I am on my second year with the Ulterra and I love it. So far mine has been flawless.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

Have one on my Ranger since they first came out and have retrofitted the new Bluetooth upgrade. Only one issue all these years and that was quickly solved by a local MK service center. Going to put one or a Terrova on my 40th anniversary edition Tracker as soon as I figure out how to get at the mounting bolts of the MK Edge that came on it Tracker did not provide an access hole. Once you fish with Spot-Lock hard to go back to a manual pedal.

Tournament-Fishing \"It\'s not a question of if you will be humbled but how many times\"

7. Member
    Mine works really well sitting in the garage. Put it on early 18. Went to the water mid summer to set the GPS so it would anchor, put it back in tha garage w/o fishin. 2K well spent
    LDS
    Last edited by Great Scott; 02-23-2019 at 10:27 PM.
    Larry D. Scott Retired KY Water patrol/F&W
    www.greatscottshooters.com

2008 TRACKER TV 18 w/150 Mercury 4S
    MK Ultrex 80lb, 102 Garmin Live scope
    and a UHD93SV Garmin on the bow.
    UHD 93SV at the console.