Chip guard on boats?

Hey guys, Have any of y'all ever seen, or had chip guard sprayed onto your boats? I'm talking about the stuff around the bottoms of car doors (specifically toyota tundra trucks) the sort of textured kind of paint. I recently had someone bring it up in discussion about having the sides sprayed with this instead of re-gel coating the boat (obviously wouldn't be good to have a rough coat on the bottom of the hull for speed reasons) but I wondered if it would help or hold up/resist chips like happens on gelcoat.

I personally wouldn’t do it....can’t really seeing it hold up or adhear we’ll unless you get lucky or someone does a great prep job. Also prolly would kill any resale. Is your gel bad enough to reshoot ? Who has said how bad it is ?
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Rocktamers
    Po' Boys Milford Jackpots
    I70 Bass Anglers Team Trail

4. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....light=textured

Wish he had done some pics of the overall boat after done. Going to have to start looking at options for mine as wet sanding any more is not an option.

I remember somebody did a lime green triton I think on here. Couldn't find it but I thought it looked pretty nice.

5. Member
    HullSpeed SmartArmor I just did my 2007 procraft