West Branch of the Historic Cooper River District

Fixing scratches on Ranger

I recently heard if you call Ranger with your VIN they can mix Marinetex to match your boat colors. Does anybody know if this is true?

2. mnranger
    it is true, did a great job talking me through the different components and what I would need.

3. Member
    Yes, got some this past summer for my 2000 520.

4. Member
    That’s pretty cool, I’d never heard of that. What does that typically run in price?

5. Member
    can someone post before and after photos?

2023 Phoenix 920 Elite
    2023 Mercury Pro XS 4S

If you are repairing a solid color gelcoat, get the gel PUTTY. It's thicker than plain gel and much easier to work with. If you are thinking of repairing an area with polyflake, if the scratch is deep into the flake, let a pro do it. If the scratch is only in the clear coat, then all you need is some clear coat.

This pamphlet that Ranger used to give you is very helpful. http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=451327
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrady View Post
    I recently heard if you call Ranger with your VIN they can mix Marinetex to match your boat colors. Does anybody know if this is true?
    Ranger suplies original gel coat not Marine Tex, no mixing or tinting needed Jeff,s post is right on.
    2018 Z521L 250 PRO XS V8

8. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howieranger View Post
    Ranger suplies original gel coat not Marine Tex, no mixing or tinting needed Jeff,s post is right on.
    Yep. RR

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

No Marinetex...just gel
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

I literally just did this to my boat. The color match was a 100% spot on. It was $17 shipped to my door for a pint of it. It was for the solid color called "Maya" - I can find some photos tomorrow!
    2005 Ranger 185DVS