Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by v_fourmax View Post
    Guess we will find out in this years Bassmaster Classic when you get them all on the same water, at the same time fishing with the same rules for that one tournament.

We can get a good idea of who fills the top ten positions in that tournament as to who is the best, who is overblown in their ranking and maybe even who maybe has reached has been or over the hill status.

All I can ask is how many of you that are flapping your jobs about how overrated these pro's are or these guys are has been's are on the tournament trail finishing in front of them and earning a bigger paycheck fishing than they are regardless of which pro tour they are fishing.

There are several on here that are so envious of these guys that they act like jealous 3rd graders the way they constantly bash on some of the top bass tournament anglers in the world.

I hope BPT anglers take about 8 out of the top 10 spots and win the tournament to boot!
    Right on cue. Every MLF mentioned thread

2. Member
    They made themselves superstars by constantly finishing at the top of tournaments fishing against the other anglers that are considered to be top competitive pro fishermen.
    Which tour actually host the event is of much less importance than the quality of the anglers that are fishing in the same tournament when you are considering an anglers success.
    Dream on dude. BASS gave these guys the outlet to market themselves on a big stage, TV, etc. To prove the point, there are plenty of guys that wont drop the coin to go pro that can fish just as good, who are they?

3. Member
    Its not envy or jealousy either. I don't want to be a touring pro and travel that much.....nor am I good enough. I grew up with BASS and these pre-madonnas tried to destroy it....so F them!

I lost all respect for every single one of those guys that left and don't care to see any video, tip, or tournament with them.

4. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    Its not envy or jealousy either. I don't want to be a touring pro and travel that much.....nor am I good enough. I grew up with BASS and these pre-madonnas tried to destroy it....so F them!

I lost all respect for every single one of those guys that left and don't care to see any video, tip, or tournament with them.
    You mean they did not call you to get your approval before my a decision with their life and career....how dare they.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

5. Member
    They don't need my approval nor do I need their approval to quit following those former elite pros. Isn't America great?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonJT View Post
    Once again it's just math. If 75% of the Classic competitors are now MLF guys, I would expect them to make up 75% of the top ten places at the Classic.
    According to a few of the 3rd grade mentality MLF hating clowns on this site that the only pro's in the BPT are has beens, over the hill or even shooting stars, maybe even losers, none of those guys could possibly be the best anglers in history and own many of the bass fishing world records.

The BPT anglers should in no way have a chance to win against the top best in the world anglers as those are only BASS or FLW guys if you listen to their childish drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Meh, I’ll find your long winded paragraphs worth a grain of salt when the MLF boys quit fishing the Opens in hopes of fishing the classic the next couple of years. If they are gonna stick it to BASS, then they shouldn’t fish the Opens, you know....Really show them, real gooooooooood.
    Nailed it

8. Member
    According to a few of the 3rd grade mentality MLF hating clowns on this site that the only pro's in the BPT are has beens, over the hill or even shooting stars, maybe even losers, none of those guys could possibly be the best anglers in history and own many of the bass fishing world records.

The BPT anglers should in no way have a chance to win against the top best in the world anglers as those are only BASS or FLW guys if you listen to their childish drivel.
    Man, you really take this personal, don't you? Take a deep breath...

9. Banned

Baaaaaaahhhhhh, you have to be either a lawyer or an engineer. Baaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh, those guys wouldn’t have any records if it weren’t for who gave them a stage to stand on. Baaaahhhhhh

BASS will give a new group the chance to shine now.

Do you ever get tired of being gut hooked???????

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    Just curious why this really matters that there are 3 different tours for the pros to fish. I love fishing, go as often as possible but at the end of the day I don't care about FLW, Bass or the MLF tour. Not rooting against or for as it doesn't impact my hobby one way or another.
    There is always a voice of reason and wisdom hidden somewhere in these Chaotic Threads about The World of Professional Fishing.....

Thanks Bagger

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    There is always a voice of reason and wisdom hidden somewhere in these Chaotic Threads about The World of Professional Fishing.....

Thanks Bagger

13. Member

You have to be a wife of one of the MLF anglers

14. Member
    Why is BASS continually stirring the pot let bygones be bygones time will tell. Most of those MLF anglers can still fish with the best of them.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    Just curious why this really matters that there are 3 different tours for the pros to fish. I love fishing, go as often as possible but at the end of the day I dont care about FLW, Bass or the MLF tour. Not rooting against or for as it doesnt impact my hobby one way or another.
    I’m with you on this one has zero effect on my life.Sucks fretting over things you have absolutely no control over.

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    I’m with you on this one has zero effect on my life.Sucks fretting over things you have absolutely no control over.

You guys dont have the BBC spirit, here we throw 2oz sinkers (or crankbaits) at jet skis/Ski boats/wake boats/walleye/bass/etc. when they get too close. We complain about everything, we bash Ranger & Nitro, hate pit bulls, bust on Alabama football, hate the Patriots and something else that I’m forgetting.

EDIT: and those freaking snowflakes, Bass Pro Shoppers.....errrrr anything Johnny Morris, Walmart shoppers and Lews reels!
    Last edited by grout-scout; 01-15-2019 at 11:19 AM.

17. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    You guys dont have the BBC spirit, here we throw 2oz sinkers (or crankbaits) at jet skis/Ski boats/wake boats/walleye/bass/etc. when they get too close. We complain about everything, we bash Ranger & Nitro, hate pit bulls, bust on Alabama football, hate the Patriots and something else that I’m forgetting.
    forgetting complain about snowflakes who complain about things which do not actually matter in their life.
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    You have to be a wife of one of the MLF anglers

19. Member
    Well at 60 yo I’m trying to keep from dying pissed off but I will admit it’s hard as hell.

20. Banned
    Guess we will find out in this years Bassmaster Classic when you get them all on the same water, at the same time fishing with the same rules for that one tournament.

We can get a good idea of who fills the top ten positions in that tournament as to who is the best, who is overblown in their ranking and maybe even who maybe has reached has been or over the hill status.

All I can ask is how many of you that are flapping your jobs about how overrated these pro's are or these guys are has been's are on the tournament trail finishing in front of them and earning a bigger paycheck fishing than they are regardless of which pro tour they are fishing.

There are several on here that are so envious of these guys that they act like jealous 3rd graders the way they constantly bash on some of the top bass tournament anglers in the world.

I hope BPT anglers take about 8 out of the top 10 spots and win the tournament to boot!
    Well no chit they’re gonna make up most of the top 10, because they make up most of the field. One of them will likely win it. Sucks for me, because all the guys that I really llove to watch fish are going to fish a tour that I really don’t like. If I don’t like MLF now, I can’t imagine I’ll like it this year either.

I’m sure some new guys will fill the void eventually, but for me its almost like all my favorites just retired.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast