Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    not a good time to go but we like to hangout at The Island in P F. Go to the Ole Smokey Whiskey there and they let you taste most all of the different flavors. use to be free but they charge now but if you buy some they take it off your purchase. we sit around the fountains and listen to music and people watch. spme people don't need to procreate. better than what comes into Walmart. for the best catfish ever go to the Captain's Galley in Dandridge exit 417 off I40, get the salt and pepper catfish.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Alamo Steakhouse is a great restaurant, really good steaks. The Peddler is also good. Bud's Gun Range is behind Smokey Mountain Knife Works and is nice. They have a large selection of guns available to rent.

Cades Cove late in the afternoon is a deal. There are ton of deer and some elk. Ober Gatlinburg is also good. There are some good trails to hike in the area. One good one if on the Little Pigeon River, upstream of the Ole Mill a couple miles. If you like history, the Titanic exhibit is cool.

Loved Bush’s Beans!! Lunch was good too!
    2019 G3 Sportsman 1810
    MK Ulterra
    Helix 10
    Helix 7
    SHO 115

4. Member
    Bennett’s BBQ in Pigeon Forge is really good.

5. Member
    You will not beat breakfast at the Ole Mill...period.

The Alpine Coasters are fun. There are 4 or 5 of them around there.

Zip lining is fun and plenty of places to go therr. We went to https://www.climbworks.com, we had a blast.
    Sometimes I need my ATV when in my boat and sometimes I need my boat while riding my ATV.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelsore View Post
    The Alpine Coasters are fun. There are 4 or 5 of them around there.

Zip lining is fun and plenty of places to go therr. We went to https://www.climbworks.com, we had a blast.
    Yep, pretty good. Goats on the Roof is a good one.

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Go to Cades Cove last in the evening and you will see lots of big bucks. We go every year and have seen 160+ deer walking around and lots of them. Some may be shedding now but there will still be a few big ones left.
    Yes, Cades Cove is a must. We always hit it.

9. Member
    we always go at new years. have for the last 20-25 years. there is a new coaster on north side of PF going toward dollywood. just opened around thanksgiving. we liked it alot. its a 9 minute ride.

we like to eat
    The Alamo, Bennetss, Mamas all owned by the same people. now they have a sub deli in gatlinburg. cant remember the name, but its good.
    Ole Mill
    Chedders
    Grandmothers Kitchen in Wears Valley
    Five Guys

We usually walk all the easy to moderate trails, plenty to see. We always dedicate 1 full day to cades cove. we walk all over that place. it was closed this year
    Go rent you a Polaris Razor and ride it around. Kids love that.

Weve seen all the shows. dixie stampede and the Lumberjack are the only one i ever care to go back again and see.

needless to say there is plenty to do. its going to be crowded and you cant get in a hurry to go anywhere. take your time enjoy it and have a great time.

10. Member
    Roaming Gnome in Sevierville has the best Burger In town, (in my opinion).
    If you like Thai food, Thai Basil on the parkway in shopping center in front of Lowes has the best Coco soup and Thai dishes.
    Welcome to East Tennessee!
    Don't forget Bass Pro there at Exit 407 off I-40

Ye Old Steak house is back down Chapman hwy going toward Knoxville, highly suggest it.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB

Quote Originally Posted by Melton Jason View Post
    Ye Old Steak house is back down Chapman hwy going toward Knoxville, highly suggest it.
    Yes, This! Very good place to eat. If you have a real appetite, you can buy a steak and add how many ever ounces to it for about a dollar something an ounce. I started with a 20oz Strip and just made it a 40oz. Walked out of there as full as a tick!

Calhoun's/Cherokee Grill right beside each other on the far end of Gatlinburg, owned and operated by the same people. The beer marinated pork chops are worth the drive...
    Howard's has the best steaks I've ever had besides Malone's Kobe steak in Lexington. Huck Finns is awesome, the Old Mill is awesome for breakfast or lunch. Our favorite breakfast is The Log Cabin Pancake House in G'Burg. Definitely drive up to Ober Gatlinburg and ride the lift up to the very top!!! Take a drive on every road down there, there's so much to see and do, the craftsman community off East Pkwy (321) is a fun trip. We visit as often as we can, 3 hours and fifteen minute drive. We usually get a creek side room at the Parkway Hampton in Gatlinburg, but we've stayed at most of the motels down there. Been going since 1979 and still love it!

(606)305-1956

14. Member
    Check for bed bugs!

15. Member
    When we go, we usually head into the park and don't come out until it gets dark. We just enjoy driving through the mountains. If you go to Cades Cove, check out "The Sinks" that is pretty cool. And depending on the time of year, always keep an eye out for bears. Got to see a mother with a couple of cubs the last time we were down there, as well as a bear walking right outside out hotel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123