Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2019 Lynx 250 pro xs 4s trouble getting on pad

I’m new to basscat coming from a ranger z520. Looking for advice on jack plate and trim height. I recently picked up a ‘19 Lynx with a 250 4s pro xs, 24p fury. I absolutely love the boat so glad I switched from ranger. It seems to take a lot of trim to get it on pad the gauge is about 1/2 way. Once it gets there it absolutely rips. This past weekend with a lot of boat wakes it really struggled to get on pad. Full tournament load, livewells full, fuel about 1/2.
    Any advice is appreciated thanks in advance.

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    If you haven't done so already, I'd post this on the BassCat Owner's Board on their website. You may get a faster answer, although BCB does check in here almost daily as well.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

Trim it all the way down, if you're running a hydraulic plate, move the plate up at least 1/2 to 2/3 of the way and see if that's better, drop the plate as it breaks over. I've got a Lynx and it jumps out of the water, I'm running a SHO.

We monitor this board, though usually get to it late.

Be sure that all of the PVS holes are open. That can be improved with extra holes added to the propeller. Different than a Ranger is to trim all the way in and don't touch the trim till the nose falls over, then move it in steps, not stand on the trim. If you have a hydraulic jackplate, then that can be assisting if you raise it for hole shot, helps venting, and then lower it for performance. The Lynx is one that can get some help from the hydraulic plate, though it is not necessary. The other options are different propellers and those we would wait till more is known on your situation.

In California you have an excellent resource in Boatmaster's and they will go out of their way to help.

5. Member
    Wicked31 you say hard to get on pad but not clear if that means on plane (hole shot) or on pad after break over to maximize speed? Trim at 1/2 seems a lot for a BCB hull so it might be as BCB suggested and that you are on the trim too hard to fast. Also not sure if you are using a hydraulic JP or fixed plate and what the heights might be.

Wicked: that hull doesn't climb all the way out till it hits about 50mph, is that what you're experiencing? Or are you just asking about holeshot? You're welcome to PM me.

7. Member
    What I’m referring to when I say on pad means already planned out but trying to get on the running pad to maximize speed. Hole shot seems fine and I usually start trimming it up once the bow comes down. On semi calm water I’ll trim it till I feel the boat start to pull while watching the water pressure them stop when the pressure drops slightly. I just ordered the hydraulic jack plate through my dealer and I’m sure that will fix the problem since I can play with it to find the sweet spot.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mike464 View Post
    Wicked: that hull doesn't climb all the way out till it hits about 50mph, is that what you're experiencing? Or are you just asking about holeshot? You're welcome to PM me.
    That’s probably what I’m feeling. It feels like it has a lot of drag then all of a sudden just takes off. But it was very difficult to get it to that point in rough water.

I'll send you a pm. It will show up in Notifications at the top of the page, on the right side
    Last edited by mike464; 01-14-2019 at 05:04 PM.

10. Member
    Wicked31 - I came out of a 520C 250 ProXs and into a Lynx - 250G2 and LOVE IT! It's a different boat all together - ride, performance, hull, design, people who build and stand behind them. It took me several hours on the water and in different conditions to get a feel for things. I am sure you will get plenty of great advice here but if you'd like, feel free to PM me and I give you the Cliff's Notes.

11. Member
    [QUOTE=mike464;9948445]Trim it all the way down, if you're running a hydraulic plate, move the plate up at least 1/2 to 2/3 of the way and see if that's better, drop the plate as it breaks over. I've got a Lynx and it jumps out of the water, I'm running a SHO.[/QUOTE
    Good advice here, get the hydraulic jackplate and raise it on the launch to vent the prop. As far as running on the pad, the my Lynx is weight sensitive and with the huge storage up front, it's easy to load it too heavy up front which affects how soon it gets on pad. My boat does not really pop up on pad till nearly 50 mph.

12. Banned
    My opinion based on what you posted I'd try a 4-blade prop that'll have more blade surface area and therefore more natural lift, as you may have been loosing some bite in the choppy water.

13. Member
    +1 for boatmasters in livermore

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    My opinion based on what you posted I'd try a 4-blade prop that'll have more blade surface area and therefore more natural lift, as you may have been loosing some bite in the choppy water.
    I thought the same way and tried a 4 blade. The boat ran too flat and it lifted the stern up too high.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brinson View Post
    I thought the same way and tried a 4 blade. The boat ran too flat and it lifted the stern up too high.
    What 4-blade exactly? Diameter makes a difference as well, did the boat run better as there was less hydrodynamic drag?

16. Member
    Fury 4 25p. I was about 1-2 mph slower.

17. Member
    I had to take some weight out of the front of the boat. With all of my gear in the front I wasn't getting on pad until around 56 mph. Moved my bulk tackle (mostly plastics) to the rear compartments and made a big difference in performance. It gets on pad close to 50 mph now. Im running the 250 Pro XS 2 stroke with a 25p fury 3 blade on my Lynx.

18. Member
    Im running a 2018 lynx with a 250 proxs 2 stroke. 8 inch bobs hydraulic plate. I have run a 24 and 25 fury 4 didnt like either one went back to a 25p fury three and love it. the hole shot is slow in warmer water (above 80 Degrees) but this summer i will run a 24p fury 3. i get on plane with the jack plate at 1 trim all the way down when it breaks over i trim to about 1/8 it will run a little flat til 50mph then you feel the hull lift then ill trim to about 1/4 and raise the plate to 2-2.5 i get 76.2mph loaded with just me. Hope this helps

10 lbs 2 oz Personal Best
    Lake Thunderbird Norman, OK

2022 Z21xl pro pack

19. Freak on a leash!! fishinok's Avatar
    I know exactly what your referring to. Ive experience this as well. Its 100% due to weight and just the characteristics of a big boat. the more I added the more I noticed it taking longer to get up on the running pad. 24 fury 4 will cure it but you'll loose top end speed. I sent my 24 fury3 off to Ronnie Gilbert and he made it a lot better keeping my top end.
    Team AnglerHub

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brinson View Post
    Fury 4 25p. I was about 1-2 mph slower.
    Going to 1/2" larger diameter did you come up on the jackplate any? How much lower were the rpm's?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast