Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Boat and Sport Shows

Anyone make it to their local Boat and Sport Show ?
    did you get to see the Vexus Boats ?

Yep...The Atlanta Boat Show had several Vexus boats there by Bay Marine in Kennesaw, GA.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

I sure wish there was a dealer going to the Outdoor Expo in Harrisburg, PA. If you want, I'll be more than happy to showcase a Vexus for?!?!?
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

4. Member
    Yep. Clark Marine had some boats at the Nashville boat show. Got to meet Keith Tripp with Vexus. Nice guy.
    "Now that's some high quality H2O"

Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    I sure wish there was a dealer going to the Outdoor Expo in Harrisburg, PA. If you want, I'll be more than happy to showcase a Vexus for?!?!?
    Agreed. The Great American Outdoor show would be a great place to showcase the Vexus product. Definitely the biggest show in the area with a really big turnout usually and very well run. Mainly a hunting show with some fishing stuff but it does look like there are more Marine vendors this year then there have been in the past. Doesn't look like any of them carry Vexus.
    Last edited by Grizzly; 01-14-2019 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Agreed. The Great American Outdoor show would be a great place to showcase the Vexus product. Definitely the biggest show in the area with a really big turnout usually and very well run. Mainly a hunting show with some fishing stuff but it does look like the are more Marine vendors this year then there have been in the past. Doesn't look like any of them carry Vexus.
    I remember as a kid that place would be full of boats. Since the NRA has been sponsoring the event, they take up the entire one building. I'll be there shopping for a new Jet boat so I'll be glued that area for a few hours. LOL
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

7. Member
    Went to the Kansas City boat show this last weekend and had a great talk with George. We went all over the 1980 and I climbed all over it. I have watch every video out there on the boats and I can tell you they are even better looking in person. The fit and finish is top notch and George was great to talk to.

8. Member
    Mr Clark,
    What is the color matched bow & cockpit panels option in build mean?

9. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Bow panel is the fiberglass piece that the bow electronics is mounted in, along with the trolling motor recess - these are color matched to the boat
    the cockpit panel is the fiberglass side panel along the hull (to the right side of the driver) where the switches and throttle are located ..

10. Member
    Nope - Too buys catching fish on my Vexus. :)
    Bass Cat Puma STS, Mercury 250 Pro XS, Lowrance Ghost - In Sunny Florida

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclark View Post
    Anyone make it to their local Boat and Sport Show ?
    did you get to see the Vexus Boats ?
    Yep. Went to Springfield, Mo. show Saturday. Got to meet Keith and see the Vexus boats. Wow. If I was in the market for an aluminum bass boat, these are the ONLY boats I would consider. Look perfect to me. Can not wait to see the fiberglass line. Going to buy a new bassboat this Summer probably. Waiting to see Vexus first.

Took a look at the boats at the Kansas City show. They look really nice... But the storage compartments are terrible imo, meaning (small)... Both for the rods and tackle. And I physically could not sit down in the seats without my knees hitting the console. I'm 6'-2" and this boat just won't work for me. And $48K for an aluminum boat, just doesn't make sense... I don't really see the niche for this boat at that price and with that lack of storage. I don't mean to sound negative, but don't know how they can complete in the long run.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

13. Member
    Are you guys going to be represented at the Boston show in February?
    2004 Tracker Avalanche with 150 Mercury XR6

Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    Took a look at the boats at the Kansas City show. They look really nice... But the storage compartments are terrible imo, meaning (small)... Both for the rods and tackle. And I physically could not sit down in the seats without my knees hitting the console. I'm 6'-2" and this boat just won't work for me. And $48K for an aluminum boat, just doesn't make sense... I don't really see the niche for this boat at that price and with that lack of storage. I don't mean to sound negative, but don't know how they can complete in the long run.
    Are you sure you were looking at a Vexus? Those compartments were huge for an aluminum boat and the seats are adjustable. Unless you have 5' long legs with a 1'2" torso I can't see how your knees would touch the console.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    Adjustable seat is an option. Maybe you were sitting in one with the seat adjusted all the way forward. I have sat in one and at 6' even there was plenty of room for my legs under the console.
    "Now that's some high quality H2O"

16. Member
    Bow panel is the fiberglass piece that the bow electronics is mounted in, along with the trolling motor recess - these are color matched to the boat
    the cockpit panel is the fiberglass side panel along the hull (to the right side of the driver) where the switches and throttle are located ..
    Now I'm curious. What's the default color for the panels, since they are fiberglass.

17. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar
    Black

18. Member
    Black
    I should be seeing my first Vexus in WA 1 week from today at the local show. Can't wait. I hope I don't cave in and buy it then instead of Spring, lol. I

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    I should be seeing my first Vexus in WA 1 week from today at the local show. Can't wait. I hope I don't cave in and buy it then instead of Spring, lol. I
    I just saw them at the KC show and I will tell you, they are WAY better looking in person then what you see on the videos. Fit and finish is top notch. Got to meet George and all I can say, he is a hell of a guy. Enjoyed visiting with him and going over the whole boat from prop to prop and I climbed all over and under it, lol.
    There was a seat question above, I'm 6' 210 and had no problem getting in and out of the seat and I tried it several times. The victor package has the seat slide, and yes if it was up half way, I could see that being a problem.

Went to the Sacremento International Exposition this past week. C&C Marine out of Newcastle, CA had several models. Liked both the 1980 and 2080. Can’t believe this is the only dealership in California. Seat sits bolt upright and there is no lumbar support. Also no show deals. Like the fit and finish, layout, bit disappointed I couldn’t get a SHO without paying more.

Making the decision soon, wife is getting irritated with my equivocation and we all know happy wife, happy life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast