Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2018 Txw 175 60hp set up

I ran through the stickies but didn’t see any set ups for 60hp mercs. Looking to get my step dad set up with the best all around setup on prop and motor heights. Any one have any advice on those?

Try all kinds of setups. Best without jack plate is motor mounted in the second hole down from the top. And 13p Trophy Sport SS 4 blade prop. And your done. Enjoy

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorglenn View Post
    Try all kinds of setups. Best without jack plate is motor mounted in the second hole down from the top. And 13p Trophy Sport SS 4 blade prop. And your done. Enjoy
    Thank you! I apologize if I missed that somewhere.

4. Member
    I second this by far. that prop makes a giant difference on hole shot and handling.

5. Member
    Do you think with the slightly wider newer PT 175's the the Trophy Sport 13p is the best choice? What mounting holes for the wider boats would recommend?
    Thanks
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro636 View Post
    Do you think with the slightly wider newer PT 175's the the Trophy Sport 13p is the best choice? What mounting holes for the wider boats would recommend?
    Thanks
    Jeff
    Yes, there are guys running the 13p SS Trophy Sport on newer hulls and on RT models. It’s the best for the 60hp all around. I have a 3 blade 14p SS that is 1 mph faster. But holeshot is slower and in turn it doesn’t bite nearly as good. I got 4 different props. And I use the Trophy.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

7. Member
    Yes, there are guys running the 13p SS Trophy Sport on newer hulls and on RT models. It’s the best for the 60hp all around. I have a 3 blade 14p SS that is 1 mph faster. But holeshot is slower and in turn it doesn’t bite nearly as good. I got 4 different props. And I use the Trophy.
    Thanks, after I posted I found a post of yours recommending the trophy Sport13p. So would the spitfire 14 p be an aluminum recommendation? Also my motor is as low as it can go. Is there a proper hole location or prop distance below hull. I have a 2011 PT 175 TF I just bought.

8. Member
    Because I want to make sure I’m doing this right the first time. You are talking about the hole that the arrow is point to correct? Also do you think running the motor moved up with the stock prop will be a problem for a very short while? The prop is on order but they are saying 2 weeks. I want to put it on the water
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Yes your arrow points to the correct hole (i.e.. move it up one hole).

If your stock prop was the aluminum 3 blade (Black Max) 14p, then you should be fine to run that one hole up as well.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro636 View Post
    Thanks, after I posted I found a post of yours recommending the trophy Sport13p. So would the spitfire 14 p be an aluminum recommendation? Also my motor is as low as it can go. Is there a proper hole location or prop distance below hull. I have a 2011 PT 175 TF I just bought.
    See Jspeelman's photo above for engine mounting height i.e. move the engine one hole up from its lowest position.
    Yes for a Spitfire prop 14p is the typical recommendation on a PT175 with 60hp w/o us knowing what your current performance numbers are.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

11. Member
    Thank you, R2Tracker and Gatorglenn. The temperatures dropping all day with 20 mile per hour winds here in STL. Can't wait to get the boat in the water

12. Member
    ha... forecast here for Wednesday is low of -31 high of -13 actual air temps not windchill.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

13. Member
    Thank you guys for the help! My neighbor has a crane so we are going to move it one day this week

14. Member
    Nice... I parked it under a large tree limb and used a chain hoist.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

15. Member
    Got the prop in today and thrown on the boat! Ran out of energy with the newborn keeping us up all night so motor lift will come Thursday. What is everyone using in the bolt holes to keep water out? I have a really nice silicone unless someone has something that is preffered. Ain’t she shiny?
    Attached Images Attached Images

16. Member
    Oh I forgot one more question, there is a hook under the cowling on this motor. Is it meant to be used to lift the motor? Not used to them having standard if so

17. Member
    Yes the metal loop just rear of the flywheel cover.

What sealant is an age old debate that I wont get into. What I will say is, nothing wants to stick to silicone, not even silicone, meaning if silicone is around the bolt holes now be sure to remove every bit of residue that you can (good practice regardless but especially when it comes to silicone). I used "PL Marine" a polyether product by Loctite (very similar to 3M 4000 UV).
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

18. Member
    I know on the topic of which sealant to use on bolts I added these two to my Amazon wish list for reference. Would probably find some more information in older links in tin boats.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AY6AC...v_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000AY6B0...lig_dp_it&th=1

I need to get some and move mine also.

Hey guys, sorry I’ve been off the grid for fun lately.
    Looks like your all hooked up. I use 3M 4200 for the bolt holes.
    Enjoy the boat, don’t worry about numbers. Because they will change daily. With water temperature and load in the boat.

2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

20. Member
    This is probably what I would buy to move the motor. The other link I posted was for a 3oz tube probably not enough.

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Marine-Adh...rch&th=1&psc=1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast