Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question MK 440PC Charger

Having issues with my 4 year old charger on a 2 year old Duracell AGM battery. The charger will start out like normal but will cycle to a red light and will stay red for a short time and back to yellow and will continue to do this. I put it on another bank and it did the same thing. Took the battery back to where I bought it and load tested it and charged it up. Load test and charged up with no problem. Put it back in the boat and the same thing, the red light never blinks.
    Do I need a new charger or is there something else I can check?

Have you checked the fuse on the charge lead?
    2019 FX21 LE
    2019 Sho 250
    Humminbird Solix 15
    Humminbird Solix 12
    Humminbird Helix 12
    ML
    Ionics
    Ultrex iLink

Solid red: Check polarity. Check connections and fuses of output chord. Check battery voltage. Will not charge below 0.5 or above 16 volts.

I assume you’ve already done the above. So, call customer service.

1 800 227 6433
    1994 201 Champ re-powered with a 250 HO G2 E250LHAFA 05438419

4. Member
    Thanks

5. Member
    I had the same issue with 2 different 440pc chargers. It was an issue with the charger which was un repairable. Luckily both times it was covered under warranty. And hopefully it doesn't happen again as it's only a 3 year warranty from original purchase date... Just a thought though. Did you try to charge the battery in question with a different bank on that charger that is operating normally?

6. Member
    If you had it charged up fully and load tested, and then put it back in the boat and the bank did the same thing, it sounds like a charger problem. About two years ago, the MK PC 4 bank chargers were known to have software issues, although more prevalent in the 460. There were threads here on BBC. They were also very sensitive to AC voltage fluctuations, and, sometimes created problems if the incorrect gauge extension cord was used.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

7. Member
    I replaced the MK 4 bank charger in my ranger three times until I got one that stuck. It did exactly the same thing you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    If you had it charged up fully and load tested, and then put it back in the boat and the bank did the same thing, it sounds like a charger problem. About two years ago, the MK PC 4 bank chargers were known to have software issues, although more prevalent in the 460. There were threads here on BBC. They were also very sensitive to AC voltage fluctuations, and, sometimes created problems if the incorrect gauge extension cord was used.
    I had one of the MK 460 PC for a couple of years that stays on 24/7 360 , no problems so far .

9. Member
    Just pulled my MK charger out for a for a noco. Started making weird noises. Very unimpressed with their charges

10. Member
    Thanks everyone. Seeing it is 4 years old, I thinks its replacement will say Noco.

Noco doesn’t even have a website that works. A bit discouraging.

12. Member
    Bought one last night on Amazon. I got all the info on them thru the Walmart website but they are asking 50 more than Amazon.

It would be nice if the manufacturer had a website and some customer service. Walmart has some info but not enough to answer my questions.

Got nothing against Noco genius chargers. Have one now that is 5 years old and has never given me a days problem.

14. Member
    I have 2 MK 315D chargers in 2 different boats that are plugged in 24/7 and they are flawless after several years of service.

15. Member

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 inches View Post
    It would be nice if the manufacturer had a website and some customer service. Walmart has some info but not enough to answer my questions.

Got nothing against Noco genius chargers. Have one now that is 5 years old and has never given me a days problem.
    What's wrong with their website? (I don't mean that sarcastic at all). I've never had a problem with it. As far as customer service, I do like to have a phone number to call. I had to call them this week, and didn't see a number readily available. I did the contact us and put in my phone number to call me. I had a return can within 3 minutes. I was pretty impressed. They were very curteous and took care of all my questions.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsch View Post
    Thanks everyone. Seeing it is 4 years old, I thinks its replacement will say Noco.
    Be aware that down the road that if you ever decide to upgrade your Duracell AGM to an Odyssey AGM, it will not charge it properly and reduce its lifespan. It is not approved for an Odyssey. As well there have been several here on BBC that have reported improper charging with the Noco for their Northstar AGM's also.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catdude28 View Post
    Be aware that down the road that if you ever decide to upgrade your Duracell AGM to an Odyssey AGM, it will not charge it properly and reduce its lifespan. It is not approved for an Odyssey. As well there have been several here on BBC that have reported improper charging with the Noco for their Northstar AGM's also.
    Really? You have a link? That was going to be my next battery.

19. Member
    Here you are. List of approved chargers for Odyssey. For that flexibility alone, Dual Pro and MK are my first two choices (and only certain series of those two).

http://www.odysseybattery.com/docume...V_chargers.pdf
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

Quote Originally Posted by TwinStick View Post
    What's wrong with their website? (I don't mean that sarcastic at all). I've never had a problem with it. As far as customer service, I do like to have a phone number to call. I had to call them this week, and didn't see a number readily available. I did the contact us and put in my phone number to call me. I had a return can within 3 minutes. I was pretty impressed. They were very curteous and took care of all my questions.
    I've been trying to get on it for the past 3-4 days. Would take forever to load and then the links were dead. Same earlier this morning. Now all is fine. You must have fixed it. Thanks! I left a request for customer service. We'll see...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast