Thread: Prop Suggestion

Prop Suggestion

Ok fellas, I have posted on here about me trying to get the RPMs up and adjusting the jack plate, etc..I am running a 200HP SHO.

I now have it at pad: 17 inches, prop shft: 15 1/4inch. I tested yesterday, got to 69.8, 70mph, and RPMs, still only at 5600.. Water is 17-18 psi. I have raised the plate up far enough , don't feel comfortable raising any higher. I am still trying to break the engine in, currently only 8 hours. I am still running the same prop it came with, a 24pitch Solas Scorpion. It comes out of the hole, pretty quick, but just can't seem to squeeze the top end that I know I should be seeing, (low 70s, 73 maybe 74) and RPMs above 5800.

I am thinking of changing to a Fury 3 blade.. maybe 24 pitch.. Any advice, pro, cons, suggestions, experience running this prop on a 200 HP SHO?

Thanks

Jason Davis, MSgt, USAF, Retired

IF YOUR NOT GETTING HUNG UP, YOUR NOT FISHING WHERE THE FISH ARE!!"

2019 Falcon 195
    2019 Yamaha SHO 200 w 23P Fury
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    Helix 9 SI with Mega (Console)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

2. Member
    I have always heard the SHO's like the T-1's if you can get one. In this case the Fury 3 may serve you well. I do understand the Fury's like to run a bit deeper and the SHO's like to run a bit higher so it may still be a bit to sort it out. My setup is completely different so take that all with a grain of salt. Best suggestion I can give you is borrow one and give it a test run.

The Temp+ worked well on my Triton with the SHO. I sold the boat now but it was a heavy Triton and the Temp+ worked very well compared to the T1

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

4. Member
    Are you running a 4 blade or something on there now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    Are you running a 4 blade or something on there now?

I am running what they shipped on there, a 3 blade Solas Scorpion 24pitch. I was told today by my dealer that Falcon has agreed to send me a new 24P Fury 3 blade. See how that goes.

2019 Falcon 195
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

6. Member
    Sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by tritonboy2001 View Post
    I am running what they shipped on there, a 3 blade Solas Scorpion 24pitch. I was told today by my dealer that Falcon has agreed to send me a new 24P Fury 3 blade. See how that goes.
    COrrection, Falcon called me Thursday. They want me to raise my jack plate all the way up, test run and see how that goes. Then let them know

2019 Falcon 195
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

Quote Originally Posted by tritonboy2001 View Post
    Correction, Falcon called me Thursday. They want me to raise my jack plate all the way up, test run and see how that goes. Then let them know . Wait and see how this goes..

2019 Falcon 195
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k

All, thanks for the inputs. Got it worked out. Falcon sent me a 23P Fury.. I put it on the 195 yesterday and WOW. At first I left the last height adjustment along, Jack plate was high as it could be, 1 inch difference from prop to pad Test ran her.. She shot out of the hole, reached 70mph quickly, touched 6100rpms and wanted to keep going, so I couldn't trim motor all way , so kept it at 6000 rpms, reached almost 73mph (Half tank of gas, full tackle, live wells full), and handled very well, could take turns at full throttle.

Brought her home, lowered jack plate almost 2 inches. Went back , still good hole shot, rpms right at 6000, 72mps , but handling around turns not as good.

So , finally raised her up alil, to know the prop to pad is 1 inch and 3/4 quarters. I expect it to maintain good hole shot, handling come back, with good rpms and speed.

Overall, the prop made a huge difference..... once you get it setup, the boat rides very nice and handles well. It seems to love the higher motor position better, I have been told the SHOs love to run higher, and the Fury seemed to love it as well.

Only 1 bad thing from yesterday. I am not sure if Falcon or my dealer installed the original prop on the boat, but when I removed the cotter pin , the main nut was loose, I was able to twist it off with my hand (not good). I replaced props, tightened down everything, and I will be talking to Falcon (owner who has been helping me set it up, prop issues) and my dealer to inform them of this.

Hope this helps anyone on their setup or answering questions

2019 Falcon 195
    Helix 9 DI (Bow)
    MK Ultrex 80lb
    NMEA 2k