Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    Time to trade her in when that happens. Always nice to get get a younger model.

2. Member
    Been married for 49 years in May. I Always ask my my wife "you doing anything tomorrow or whenever" she says go I don't even tell her what I wanted to do. Same wife that said when I retired "what do you want for a retirement present"
    I say go with motorhome and stratos fishing for 6 weeks . Go south to FL,la,Al,tn,ky fish different lakes. She says load up the boat and mh. One thing call me every day. Gentlemen I have a real keeper..

3. Member
    My wife says no because she wants to go with me and I might be going at a time she can't. Of course she says this tongue in cheek, she has never stopped me from going and encourages me to go have fun and catch big fish.

4. Member
    It’s refreshing to hear some stories from you guys that appreciate and respect their wives! After reading some former threads on here I was surprised how many knuckle dragging women haters are on here. I’m extremely fortunate to have such an amazing women for my wife.

5. Banned
    Chit....mine has the boat hooked up when I get home.

6. Member
    Never ask,just go! Take your spanking when you get home. Easy,problems solved.

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Joking aside, saying no to fishing isn’t an option since I wouldn’t go if we had plans and if we don’t she would never say no. I do ask if we are doing anything on X day, usually when I’m walking around with a weather app or map. She just says go, be safe, let me know if you’re gonna be alone so I can call once.

I definitely have a keeper and as much as I joke; if she said No there would be a really good reason, and I would listen. We don’t “ask” each other for permisssion we just live our lives and they mesh perfectly.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Casslaw View Post
    I definitely have a keeper ... we don’t “ask” each other for permisssion we just live our lives and they mesh perfectly.
    Me too, I wouldn't have it any other way - for either of us. Tons of respect flowing both directions.
    One thing for sure, you'll never hear me give her a choice of sex or fishing ... I'd miss the AM bite.

9. Member
    Funny story, but I was married to my wife and we both had divorced parents. Holidays were a traveling nightmare to say the least! On Sunday before Christmas, that when we went to her dads for Christmas, I went fishing. Supposed to be home at 2:30 and got on a killer trap bite. I am terrible with a trap and it was unbelievable. probably had 50 over 5lb that day. I figured this would probably never happen again, so I put my phone in the middle compartment and stayed till dark. Needless to say, it didn't lead to divorce, but I never heard the end of it. She was beyond pissed and just didn't understand. Not many men I know would leave that bite for Christmas with the in-laws. When I asked if sh brought me as plate of leftovers hoe, that didn't help the cause!! Just some advice for the younger ones on here.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix5252 View Post
    Funny story, but I was married to my wife and we both had divorced parents. Holidays were a traveling nightmare to say the least! On Sunday before Christmas, that when we went to her dads for Christmas, I went fishing. Supposed to be home at 2:30 and got on a killer trap bite. I am terrible with a trap and it was unbelievable. probably had 50 over 5lb that day. I figured this would probably never happen again, so I put my phone in the middle compartment and stayed till dark. Needless to say, it didn't lead to divorce, but I never heard the end of it. She was beyond pissed and just didn't understand. Not many men I know would leave that bite for Christmas with the in-laws. When I asked if sh brought me as plate of leftovers hoe, that didn't help the cause!! Just some advice for the younger ones on here.
    Might have gone better if you didn't call her a hoe

Hell, mine encourages me to go as often as possible. She even tags along sometimes.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slonezp View Post
    Might have gone better if you didn't call her a hoe
    HaH! oops, that made it sound even worse!

13. Member
    I do have that problem, sadly. Except it's usually "Hey, we don't have plans this coming weekend, I'm going fishing..."
    "But I thought we would..."
    Well, you didn't tell me, so I made plans.
    ...and then the fight began.
    2001 Champion 187 Yamaha 175
    12' Talons, Lithiums and Garmins
    All pulled by a Hemi

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    I do have that problem, sadly. Except it's usually "Hey, we don't have plans this coming weekend, I'm going fishing..."
    That's not a wife problem that's a you problem.

15. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milehibird View Post
    what does she get to do on weekends there are no plans?
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    My wife will.never tell.me no
    To anything or just Fishing?

All these "whupped" guys on here crowing better hope their wives don't read this thread.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    Time to trade her in when that happens. Always nice to get get a younger model.
    The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, especially over the septic tank. LOL.

Fish don’t judge nor hold grudges, nor nag nag nag. I should’ve married a fish
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

20. Member
    my wife told me that she never worries when i say i am going fishing . she knows how i love to fish so there is no doubt in her mind i am going fishing . aka not to bars etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast