Hull sounds “hollow”

I noticed yesterday that there is a section of my hull that sounds hollow when I hit it with my fist. It is approximately from the beginning of the consoles to the back of the seats on both sides of the boat. Not entirely sure how far down (towards bottom of hull) but I can flex the fiberglass by hand on the flat side of the hull (above the waterline) in the middle of this section. Everything sounds solid in front and behind this section. Is this a potentially serious issue?

A while back I noticed that my top cap had separated from the hull up at the bow, some screws had sheared off. I reattached it a couple weeks ago and it feels solid. The sound when I hit the hull in this particular section is similar to the sound it made when I hit the top cap in the section that had come loose

This is a 2003 model

2. Banned
    What model is it, in case anyone needs to know. 2003 year, it could be several models to guess at.

3. Member

4. Banned
    I have a 198 and I’m going to say that mine is the same, but I’m interested in other comments as well.

Don't worry about it! If it isn't broken don't fix it, several area's along the hull side will have this. No problem.
    See ignorance daily

6. Member
    That is the largest section of boat that is "hollow". From the end of the front rodlockers to the beginning of the back deck is the area where the hull sides have the least amount of support and the least amount of rigidity and are the most vertical. Just about any bass boat hull will flex "in" through that area if you push on it. And there tends to be little to no foam in that area as well "on any brand". I don't think you have an issue I'd be willing to bet the boat is just fine in those areas.