2019 z18 sonar mounting

I'm purchasing a new z18 it comes with a hook 2 flush mount and I'm planning on removing it but really don't want to flush mount my garmin. Anyone know of a plate or something to cover the existing hole from the factory?

2. Member
    Can you elect not to have the graph installed? Otherwise call van at bassboattechnologies.
    Nitro z21

I was told when I ordered my 2019 Z18 that I could have the factory not mount any electronics on the console. That way I could mount my own electronics after delivery. I was also told that the factory included electronics would still have to be shipped but they would just be in the box inside the boat when I take delivery.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

4. Member
    I ordered mine not mounted
    2017 Nitro Z21
    2017 250 Pro XS T2 (SN 2B401909)
    Bravo 1XS 26P
    BMS 12" Action Jack
    Ultrex 112# - Solix 12 - 12' Talons

Club: lunkersunlimited.net

5. Member
    I didn't order mine dealer had it in stock. If I had ordered it in I wouldn't have had them pre mounted

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jlewis71 View Post
    I'm purchasing a new z18 it comes with a hook 2 flush mount and I'm planning on removing it but really don't want to flush mount my garmin. Anyone know of a plate or something to cover the existing hole from the factory?
    Check out board sponsor, Precision Sonar. rkylake is a member here and does great work along with providing excellent support. I have a Helix 12 mounted at the the helm and it is outstanding. Easy install, incredibly durable, and will cover that hole no problem. There is no way I was drilling fiberglass to put a Ram mount on the starboard gunnel.

7. Member
    I made a template for the size and angle of current Z-series consoles (in my case, my Z19 Sport appears to be the narrowest, so it governed the design). Then a highly-skilled welding buddy fabricated the plate from 1/4" aluminum, including a mounting shelf welded at an angle (so that the unit's gimbal bracket sits level upon install). Center cable access hole, with 1/4" stainless fasteners all around. Everything smoothed up and polished to a mirror finish (could have applied a brushed finish, powdercoat or hydro-dip). Really pleased with how the design and fab came out. Simple, nice quality, and not expensive. Plus, I can change up fish finder brands/models without re-thinking my mount.

8. Member
    Contact Van at bassboattechnologies one of the best.
    Nitro z21

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonG View Post
    Contact Van at bassboattechnologies one of the best.
    Wholeheartedly agree that BBT offers a very good mount. IMHO, I like them over PS (which also offers a solid mount). But, I (again, personally) just can't see the value in paying $295 to $375 for a solution that can be fab'ed for much, much less $. In any event, it's all about personal preference and convenience. I was just tossing out an option for a DIY'er.