LiveScope Owners: do you still use DV/DI ON TROLLING MOTOR?

I don’t see a need anymore. Just curious.

2. Member
    I thought I would still use SI and DI, but I’ve found myself simply turning off both each time out since installing Livescope. That said, the range on Livescope does not give (me) a clear picture beyond about 40 feet, whereas SI is clear at much greater distances. I believe I’ll find that SI will be useful to identify structure and underwater cover at a distance, then I can use Livescope to dissect it within the 40ft range. DI seems not so useful on the trolling motor now for me.

3. Member
    I do about half the time. The other half I have the LVS32 on forward and the lvs12 on down.

SE Kansas grass grower

ROCK CHALK

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Want2befishing View Post
    Livescope does not give (me) a clear picture beyond about 40 feet.
    I am well please with LiveScope out to 90 maybe 100 ft and that deep. I've very confident of the returns to 90 ft. Beyond that I'm not so sure. All that I am trying to get from it though is whether what I am looking at is fish.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 01-14-2019 at 06:20 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    On trolling motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Want2befishing View Post
    I thought I would still use SI and DI, but I’ve found myself simply turning off both each time out since installing Livescope. That said, the range on Livescope does not give (me) a clear picture beyond about 40 feet, whereas SI is clear at much greater distances. I believe I’ll find that SI will be useful to identify structure and underwater cover at a distance, then I can use Livescope to dissect it within the 40ft range. DI seems not so useful on the trolling motor now for me.

Of course.

7. Member
    I've not had SI on the trolling motor for months now. Can't even say I miss it. Have a GT51 on transom. Have a GT50 and GT52 in garage and custom mounts I've made to use them on TM. The Panoptix/LiveScope is just so effective and simple to use, I've just lost interest in messing with SI on TM. The LiveScope+PS22 on the TM has just been killer effective for my fishing. I still use the GT51+PS30 to determine the area I will fish, say limiting the area to about an acre. Then it's TM time. I set the PS22 to 200 now and the LVS to 80, sometimes lower. Usually find them first on the PS22. Then I run the TM fast until I get them on the LVS. Then it's game on. I have fished my whole life. Never had so much fun.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

I only use the Livescope.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

9. Member
    Thank you guys! I am returning a TM Mount now.

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Moved my sidescan to the rear no need for it up front

11. Member
    Yeah, the same! SideScan and DownScan require a speed which TM probably is not intended to work in such a way all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    Moved my sidescan to the rear no need for it up front